Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2004, 08:39 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska
I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!

I am so sick of this winter I cant stand it anymore! I sit here and type this and all I can hear the wind HOWLING outside. 90, 100, 110 MPH. It has to STOP! It gets 20 below and then it warms up to 28, snows 3 feet at a time and then blows like crazey, and I am going CRAZEY!!!! AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (how bad your last shot was, how big the group is going to be, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 01-06-2004, 08:53 PM
Gold Member

Re: I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!

You could always be here in Texas where on the last day of deer season, 4 Jan 2004, I was out in 72+ degree temperatures with the mosquitos biting me all day. The very next day the temp dropped to the 50s. I sure could have used that while I was hunting. I hate mosquitos.

Doug
Old 01-07-2004, 06:39 PM
Silver Member

You sound just briliant to me! When exactly was it that you moved up there? LOL [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2004, 06:40 PM
Silver Member

Hey dwm-Your mosquitos quit biting at 50*? Not so here!
Old 01-07-2004, 09:05 PM
Silver Member

How much lead do you need on a 110 mph snowflake with a 7mm STW at 56 yards? Full value BTW. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2004, 04:03 AM
Platinum Member

Michael,
Hey, I told Phil too, it's not blowing even a breeze at my place. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Move out here and escape the howlin north wind outa that valley. If you know where the Muskox farm is, that's where my Dad was born and raised. Cold as hell up on that hill, that's why he moved out here when he grew up. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] You know all the fun's over in this valley anyway. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] You goin out to shoot the 500 Jeffery with us tomarrow? Don't worry, it's got a brake on it and it weighs 17 lbs... He's finishing up something on it at Dave's in the morning and bringing it out to break in... with the 750gr A-Max.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:46 AM
Writers Guild

Hmmm, 750gr bullet, 2700fps, 17lbs rifle, even with muzzle brake...ouch.

Oh forgot, the 15 layers of clothing you will be wearing act as an effective shoulder protector :-).

Now does that mean you have a 10" length of pull in winter then extend to 14" in the summer?

Enjoy the cannon and let us know who survives...the cold.

Jerry