Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

I am so glad we have this forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2005, 06:12 PM
Bronze Member

I am so glad we have this forum

Today I visited a web site which claimed to cater to the hunting crowd; much like the guys and gals on this forum. The first signature quote I found was:

"You know what the difference between me and you really is? You look out there and see a horde of evil, left-wing Liberals. I look out there and see a target rich environment."

Many of the others went further downhill.

I'm glad to be back where the discussion is limited to making rifles shoot better.
[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2005, 03:44 PM
Gold Member

Re: I am so glad we have this forum

Yep this is a good forum congrats' to the people who started it! I have recieved much knowledge from reading here.Everyone doesn't agree here and that is great, if everyone agreed it would be a one sided and very boring site!
Old 02-14-2005, 03:57 PM
Gold Member

Thats for sure! I have not been a member long but have gained a great deal of info and gain more everyday. Thanks to the guys who started it!! Great job! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2005, 05:46 PM
Platinum Member

I always make it a point to jump in at least once on a post like this.

This forum has put me in touch with many people that really know their stuff and for that I'm grateful.

An example is recent discussions I have had with Ian M, one of our moderators. He has given me some excelent experience based information on hunting bears. This information is extremely hard to come by. I know because I have tried. If it weren't for this site I would possibly be out there shooting at bears the best I could but with the wrong basic ideas on how it should be done. This site not only enriches my knoledge of everything surrounding LRH but it will increase the "humaneness" (is that a word?) with which I will put down this game from these days forward.

That, to me, is a GOOD thing.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:06 PM

I would like to second these motions. I am new to this forum and see some of the posts by members such as "fiftydriver" and I am simply awed by their knowledge and experience. Even more, I am impressed that they would take the time to draft some of the replies that they post. They provide tons of great information. Many thanks to them!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]