Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

I am so angry!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 09:21 AM
Silver Member

Re: I am so angry!

Go and get some of those locking nuts, or at least the ones that utilize a "keyed" lug nut. They are pretty cheap insurance. I have them on my Taco, and will keep the opportunists at bay.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:50 AM

That sucks!!! I cought a lil'b@$&@%^ pulling the center cap off my wifes Kia about a month a go. The whole freakin' car woulda been no big deal to me. Hey cops can't find it, insurance pays it off an my credit score goes up. Lord knows it needs it after the ex-wife got done with it. But just the flippin wheels. Open hand slaps rained down on that boy. I don't consider a punk worthy of a punch. Luckily he was of age for a propper trip to the wood shed. I'd still like to meet the low life that broke in my Chevy and made off with my shooting bag. He got a 3 screw Ruger flat top 44 mag and about 300 bucks in ammo. I had been home 15 minutes and was changing for work. I feel for you, i really do. Times, they are a changin'. Not for the better as far as i can tell.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:06 AM
Silver Member

a few years back my moms beautiful f-350 that we only had for a few weeks was stolen out of our driveway and the three kids that stole it went rollling around in the woods and crashed it into multiple trees and ended up totaling it. the police caught the kids and they ended up getting deported back to where they came from. and this is one of the reasons i moved to montana (from fort myers florida) besides wanting more animals to hunt. i feel your pain.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:03 AM

This really happened to my hunting buddy.Two guys were in his shed stealing gas out of his tractor.The smart one lit a match to see if the can was about full.Burned down his tool shed and everything in it.They were easy to catch and went to jail but he had a loss that almost ruined him.Of course they had no money or assets for him to get so except for a little insurance he was just out.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:46 PM
Gold Member

Sorry to hear that. My truck is #4 on the list of thing no one F$%^s with. Kids, wife, guns, truck. I think we'll all keep an eye out for a truck with one nice wheel on it for ya. I lost the first gun I ever owned in the same manner. That was over twenty years ago, and I'm still looking for it.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:20 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigngreen View Post
Around here if that happens you go find your buddy and kick his butt and get your tire back
YEP!!. I here that.
I remember the time when Id leave my pickup in the truck stop parkinglott, keys in the ignition, rifles and a nice rope or two in the rifle racks, and windows down. leave for a couple days movin cows up on the premits, and come back to find nothing had changed, unless a buddy used thier finger to write a howdy note in the dust on the dash board.
Now I live further into a "populated area", and even lock the doors to the house when I leave. But man, to have that happen, in your own driveway........ wow. Time to either move away, or start leavin bodys in your wake.
Hope you find your wheel and tire.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"