Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

I am debating on putting camo on my rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Silver Member

I am debating on putting camo on my rifle

I just finished the metal finish (did myself) about 2 days ago and the stock yesterday. I am debating on putting a camo finish on it I just dont know because this black is sooooooooo durn sexy. Here is a pic of the 95% finished rifle with the black barreled action and stock. Let me know your thoughts. In case anyone wants to know what paint I used for the action it is called VHT satin epoxy paint and it is used for various car parts. Dont hold back folks tell me your honest opinions.

Old 10-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Platinum Member

Re: I am debating on putting camo on my rifle

If that was my rifle I’d slap a scope on and call that baby done. I just have not looked at a cam’oed rifle that I thought really looked good. Maybe that’s just me.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 10-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Silver Member

Re: I am debating on putting camo on my rifle

Thats a great lookin rifle,nice finish. THe way it is is fine. If it was mine and I wanted to make it look "cool", I might add an olive drab or some type of color just a bit lighter in a leaf pattern here and there. Just to breakup the black slightly.