Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Hunting superstitions and lucky charms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 07:38 PM
Silver Member

Re: Hunting superstitions and lucky charms

I don't shave during deer gun week here in Ohio. After seven days of not shaving, I am ready to get rid of it.

Jason
Old 07-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_hunter View Post
How many people out there have there superstitions or lucky charms when you go hunting? I have a stupid one, on the drive up to the farms where I go hunting I always have Bruce Springsteens greatest hits album playing on the car stereo, ever since iv been playing the Bruce Springsteen CD my hunting has been unbelievable I know it sounds like bullshit and I don't believe that a CD can make a difference but it's always good for a laugh but I'm not going to stop playing that CD just in case haha. It's a stupid thread I know but im just wondering if I'm not the only one who does this.

Hear in Texas most hunters won't go hunting with a cap/hat that was not given to them.

When I go I have several that were given to me that work well. When I wear something
I bought things don't go well or I dont see anything.

Buy your hunting buddy a hat/cap and tell him to buy you one and see if it changes your
luck. (Does that not sound stupid or what).

We also believe that a rifle must have a name (Probably a Redneck thing) just like a ship
and once named you can't change it without bad luck with that rifle.

J E CUSTOM
Old 07-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Platinum Member

Afriend gave me a 1/2 dollar size rock w/elk etched in it.Shot my best archery bull that year.Now that little rock is in my pack every year, think Im on 13-14 packing it