Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Hunting superstitions and lucky charms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2012, 11:28 PM
Silver Member

Hunting superstitions and lucky charms

How many people out there have there superstitions or lucky charms when you go hunting? I have a stupid one, on the drive up to the farms where I go hunting I always have Bruce Springsteens greatest hits album playing on the car stereo, ever since iv been playing the Bruce Springsteen CD my hunting has been unbelievable I know it sounds like bullshit and I don't believe that a CD can make a difference but it's always good for a laugh but I'm not going to stop playing that CD just in case haha. It's a stupid thread I know but im just wondering if I'm not the only one who does this.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:34 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Hunting superstitions and lucky charms

My buddy and I will let our beards go until we kill, it works great since after a couple weeks our wives are very encouraging about getting out and hunting

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 07-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Silver Member

White Long sleeve shirt
Old 07-11-2012, 11:38 PM
Platinum Member

Something I started doing as a kid was after three days of hard hunting and not jumping or seeing a shooter buck that third night when wiping the rifle down I change the rotation of the shells. In other words the last shell in the mag becomes the one chambered the next day and the forth becomes number two etc. I have taken a lot of moving bucks on the third shot which is the round that never changes its place. :-) I have a life long hunting partner that does a thing with his socks but won't get into that! haha

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 07-12-2012, 06:41 AM
Platinum Member

I always pray for safety, good harvest, and good ole fun!

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:11 AM
Silver Member

When I was a little kid, hunting waterfowl was my extreme passion. Long seasons and lots of trigger time kept me happy camper. I don't know what started it, but I always kept the two lead wing feathers off the first goose I shot in the early season every September. I keep them until the last day of the season every year.

Now they are always in my truck for all my hunting pursuits no matter the species. Makes me remember the animals I have already taken and gives me confidence for animals to come.

Hokey, maybe, but that's just what I have always done.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:12 AM
Silver Member

I have a pair of shooting sticks (homemade) that I put a notch in for every woodchuck I kill.