Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Which hunting and shooting sites do you follow on Facebook or Twitter?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 07:35 PM
PUBLISHER

Which hunting and shooting sites do you follow on Facebook or Twitter?

And what kinds of tweets and posts do you enjoy reading?

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 04-25-2012, 07:40 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Which hunting and shooting sites do you follow on Facebook or Twitter?

None!

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:18 PM
Platinum Member

None also.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 04-25-2012, 10:16 PM
Platinum Member

Nada, I don't do Facebook or Twitter, etc.
LRH is my only online addiction. All the rest are hands on, & outdoors.
You just added an ELR section that I'm way stoaked about, & can't wait to keep learning more, from the more experienced ELR guys that help push me past my comfort zone! LRH Rocks! Why look anywhere else Len?

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 04-26-2012, 06:04 AM
Platinum Member

I should have elaborated on my initial response as I answered the subject title direct to the point. I do visit hunting and shooting sites (mostly LRH and GB) but not on FB or twitter. I have a FB account ... I don't twit.

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:29 AM
Platinum Member

I don't use facebook or twitter and never will!
Old 04-27-2012, 11:56 AM
Silver Member

Location: NY, #50 on the all time best States to live in! and droppin' fast! :)

I don't use or have accounts with Facebook or Twitter and here's why.

We all should know that once control of personal info is lost, life gets more difficult. During the holidays recently, at a family get-together, someone who works for a large company's I.T. security branch demonstrated how easily personal info could be gathered because of these websites. To demonstrate, she took a few bits of seemingly common/easily gotten info from someone who uses FB and Twitter. As we discussed the problem with her, from her own Ipad, at the dinner table, without leaving the dinner table she printed out that person's life including financial, medical, and other info including some passwords. This took less than 30 minutes. Needless to say, before dessert was served, the shredder got a workout and someone closed accounts. Additionally, she wasn't given the wireless network info at the house but managed to use the network anyway.

The I.T. expert didn't reveal how it was done but did say that accounts like Facebook or Twitter made it easier to do. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see this myself.

Computers make life easier, more convienient, provide better communication, and all the other good stuff one could say BUT it's a double edge sword. The down side of technology is not just ID theft but intrusion by others including those who would just love to know everything you say and do, ie the government. One could also wonder how one is tracked through cell phones, GPS units, On-Star in the car ect.

I still have and use my cell phone, GPS, OnStar and the like. But it can be a bit scary if not threatening when one thinks about how exposed we've become. Remember, they found BinLaden and a few others. They were seriously trying to hide.