Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Hunting in Hawaii--planning my honeymoon in May!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2005, 03:40 PM
Silver Member

Hunting in Hawaii--planning my honeymoon in May!

I'm planning the honeymoon (getting married in May!) and we're probably going to Hawaii. My plans, aside from the obvious honeymoon activities, are to learn how to surf and get in a little hunting. I'm thinking boar, but I really don't know what opportunities are available, the costs, problems with shipping anything back etc...never been on a guided hunt before either. Anyhow, if anyone has any experience or knowledge that might help I'd appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.

Matt Roth

P.S. I own several bows and .308winnie.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:10 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Hunting in Hawaii--planning my honeymoon in May!

You're going on a honeymoon you probably won't be dressed long enough to go hunting

Old 11-03-2005, 12:30 AM
Silver Member

Matt- If you dont mind my asking what Island(s) are you planning to visit. If you plan to visit Oahu you are more than welcome to hunt Boar with us although we hunt them with Dog and Knife so its the complete opposite to long range hunting its extreme close range hunting [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Aloha!!!
Old 11-03-2005, 08:37 AM
Silver Member

She wants a day at the Spa--think I'd rather be hunting myself....we have an arrangement. She thinks I'm crazy, but when in Rome--hunt boar!

Besides we may get caught in the Spa... so I'll just give her her privacy and take a day to go hunting.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:45 AM
Silver Member

We're planning a two-island trip. First three days on Maui and the second half in Kauwai. Is there a ferry from Kauai to Oahu? I might be able to take a day trip over to Oahu if the offer stands...but I think I'll have to buy a bigger knife [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Any bow action? My longbow throws a pretty heavy arrow enough to stop a boar IMO.

Matt

BTW the hunt may just be a day of rest for me... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2005, 09:55 AM
Gold Member

MattR,
Was there in maui 2 years ago but was unfortunate timing on my part for hunting. I went in November with my bride and the axis deer were losing there antlers. They told me late spring and on is better. Could have done a hog though. Very reasonable $600. They have rifles at the ranch you could use free of charge and shoot the rifle before going afield (308, 30-06, 270). I just looked in the yellow pages when I was there and called them. They seemed very accomodating, although I did not hunt. I think this is their web site. http://www.mauideerhunting.com/ We stayed in Napele Point?? We rented a house on Turtle Cove. Wish I could go agian. Good luck hunting. God bless you both in long happy life together. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2005, 09:57 AM
SPONSOR

Well I can't tell you about any hunting on Maui but I got married on Makena Surf beach in Maui. Congrats on the wedding and have a blast in MAui, it is a beautiful place

steve
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST