The Chicken Little fear of lead in game is another example of how a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Solid lead is not harmful if ingested, that's a fact.
All the danger is from lead powder, such as might rub off on our hands and be transfered to food if cast bullets and eat without washing. Or, more common, eating lead oxide as it was once used in paints.
You can swallow a hand full of bird shot today and poop it all out tomorrow without harm. The only game animals harmed by ingesting lead shot are birds and only because they put their food in a "craw" where it gets ground into a fine dust before moving into their systems. In other words, no bear or wolf or bobcat or people eating hunter-shot game can be harmed by bullet fragments. But bunny huggers don't want to be confused by facts, do they?