Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Howitzer Hunt.....Check It Out!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2005, 12:14 PM
Gold Member

Howitzer Hunt.....Check It Out!

A friend put me onto this: http://www.buckstix.com/howitzer.htm

Check it out i have not laughed so much for a long time. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

PS. has anyone done anything similar?

Ian.

"I meant to shoot the pike but the duck got in the way"
Old 12-02-2005, 12:16 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Howitzer Hunt.....Check It Out!

Centre Punch, That is way too funny. That cat hunt with the mortar sounds like a good time. I about died when I seen his trophy pic.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:41 AM
Gold Member

Ive a mate who has a cannon a bit like that, i built him it. its got a 4ft long barrel with a bore of about 2 inches,mounted on an oak carriage, its got a breech plug(from a 81mm mortar) to aid cleaning, we even had it proved. we used to attend weddings and other such gatherings and bang of a 1 gun salute, 2 envelopes full of black powder, with a cardboard wadding, makes a heck of a spectacular bang, the first shot we did with it broke all the blasted windows in the farm yard. it was pretty awesome as an area weapon using 12ga sized lead balls, and you could hit something the size of a garden shed with it at over 300m.
it was certainly the laudest fireworks on new years eve. we never thought of hunting with the sod though,
but i must admit to poping more than the one training area sheep with a 51mm mortar.
Pete
Old 12-05-2005, 03:26 PM
Silver Member

Hi Ian,
A mate in the UK does re-enacting, US Civil War, he`s on a horse but they have a cannon. Ironic but seems one of the few ways you could shoot a cannon in the UK is to dress up like a yank with about 20 other mates.

I did suggest he put his horse in front of it and I would start the BBQ (that went down really well with his girlfriend who is very horsey). Other than that about the best you could do for a target would be a saftey partnership van.

David.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:34 AM
Gold Member

Dave,
[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] : especially the BBQ bit!

Ian

"I meant to shoot the pike but the duck got in the way"

PS, No luck on my email as of yet.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:18 AM
Silver Member

I shouldn't find this amusing,,,,

Just what exactly is the BC of a 4 week old kitten?

I can't find anything on Exbal or should it be re-named Exkit.