Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

How good is Long range hunting ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2006, 11:11 AM
Gold Member

Re: How good is Long range hunting ?

Buffalobob
Can you give more detals on Leonards Fourm .
where is it at ?
I looked for it an could not find it .

Thanks for the Info

Redbone

Kill more Coyotes

Feed The Buzzards
Old 07-27-2006, 06:05 PM
Gold Member

There are several decent forums out there with information for those who are seeking it. They are specialized in what they do and as such pretty much stick to it and do it well. There are a few which cover a broad range of topics and walks of life. Some are decent folks who love to shoot the bull and have a good time, however there are also some know it all, been there done it much better than you ever will, types out there as well.

Me, I came here looking for one thing in particular, information on how to connect with a long range target that might weigh upwards of 3-400 pounds and put it on the ground. Where we hunt, I have been up close and personal with several hogs that a lot of folks would have probably crapped and run from. Trust me when I say the pucker facter has definately been there. But these type hogs don't get big by being dumb, they are indeed very smart. I came here to learn tactics, and such to enable me to add one more statagy to my bag of tricks. Since coming here a year and a half ago, I have spent some bucks for sure. However the bucks I saved by reading and asking questions pale in comparison to what I could have spent on my own. In fact I figured that with what I saved, I was able to save up and purchase one of Kirby's AM's.

I used to visit several hunting forums but after getting told that several hogs were not what they looked like and that if they were as big as I said that I should have won several contest with them, well I decided that I had enough.

Here it is all about what you can do with the equipment you have to do it with. Some are obviously in a league of their own, but others are in varying degrees of the same. These folks represent the largest portion of the group and give and take information freely. I try to contribute when I can but mostly just look and learn.

My Photo's

"Heck why would I lie, most folks don't believe the truth when I tell them"
Old 07-28-2006, 10:03 PM
Gold Member

TTT

Kill more Coyotes

Feed The Buzzards
Old 07-29-2006, 08:14 AM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
It all depends on what you want to do or know. I would say that on 24 hour campfire that the backpacking hunting section is filled with people who know their way around a backpack. I do not care for a lot of the other parts of that forum but that particular set of hunters know their gear.

If you want to know about competition coyote hunting then I think Leonards forum is really good. Certainly if you want to hunt coyotes at night few people are in Leonards league (Just my opinion).

If you want to know about bowhunting then I don't really know which one I would recommend being as they seem to run to brands of bows and if you shoot the wrong brand, too bad.

Just my opinion, but if you are just interested in killing a deer or elk for meat in the freezer this is the wrong place to be. Most of the gear recommended and used here is to add a challenge to the life of people who have gotten tired of just whacking an animal and dragging it out of the woods. LRH is a very specialized forum that fits a small niche of people who for some different reasons want to hunt in a different manner.

I would also not insult any of the Pennsylvania longrange hunters who have contributed greatly to this sport.

Be that as it may, this forum is the one that I consider to be "home". I like the people here and there is always somebody doing something new and different.

[/ QUOTE ]

BB, you sumed it up pretty well.............. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2006, 09:00 PM
Gold Member

How good is long range hunting

It Is ment for info about shooting an rifles info.
I have found more info here then any other web sit.

Is there another web sit out there that can come close.
Post if you have seen one.

Thanks

Redbone

Kill more Coyotes

Feed The Buzzards
Old 08-21-2006, 09:08 PM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
How good is long range hunting

It Is ment for info about shooting an rifles info.
I have found more info here then any other web sit.

Is there another web sit out there that can come close.
Post if you have seen one.

Thanks

Redbone

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only is the great info neverending, but the members/staff here are the best around [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2006, 12:24 PM
Platinum Member

I am very thankful for this forum, very much indeed, it's made up of the moderators, the people in it, the great information. To my personality this is a match. As buffalobob said: [ QUOTE ]
this forum is the one that I consider to be "home"

[/ QUOTE ] I feel the same way.
Thank you all!

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!