Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Holster for S&W Model 500

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-10-2007, 08:22 AM
Holster for S&W Model 500

Hi, everyone!

My father gave me a used Smith & Wesson Model 500 for my birthday this past May.

It's the standard model with the eight-and-three-eighths-inch barrel and compensator.

The previous owner fitted it with a Sightron 1.25X--4X long-eye-relief 'scope, in a dovetail mount that replaced the original rear sight. (The base has a set of auxiliary iron sights attached; the rear sight appears to be fully adjustable for both windage and elevation.)

At present, I have no intentions to hunt with it; the fact is, just about the only shooting that I do is target shooting.

I was planning to use it for metallic silhouette shooting, if I can ever find out whether or not it's legal under the rules of my local shooting range.

I have a case for the pistol, but I was wondering whether anybody could suggest a good holster.

Oops, I almost forgot--I'm only 5' 6" tall, so just about the only type of holster that would be comfortable would be either a shoulder or bandolier-type rig.

(Unless, that is, there are others out there with which I'm not familiar. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

Any advice would be sincerely appreciated.

Unread 07-10-2007, 02:15 PM
Silver Member
Re: Holster for S&W Model 500

Dave will custom make one, he resonabaly priced too