Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Holey S%^$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Silver Member
I have always been a staunch "catch and release" advocate.............release into the frying pan that is! Why bother if you aren't going to eat them....thats like going out and clubbing a deer into unconsciousness, taking your picture with it, and then leaving.

Unread 05-06-2008, 08:47 PM
My buddy had bumper stickers made that say "CATCH AND RELEASE INTO BACON GREASE" in response to all the flack we get for eating a few damn fish from the pinko wanna bs that use it as a n excuse not to clean their catch.
Unread 05-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Bronze Member
Somewhere in my Yukon file I have an interesting pamphlet on catch and release fishing issued by the native bands of the Yukon. Their position is that mother earth put fish in the lakes and rivers for us to eat when we need food. Their position is that the fish are not there for entertainment. Take what you need for food and leave the rest alone. They view it as disrespectful to put a fish through the process of being caught if you are not going to eat it.

I can't say I completely agree because I catch fish for food and I do some catch and release for sport. However, it was definitely interesting to read a position against catch and release.

Not trying to promote an argument----I just thought folks might find the Yukon native position interesting.
Unread 05-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Silver Member
Don't get me wrong, there are places that catch and release is my most preferred method. With as much as I fish I would reach my limit too quickly or the waters I fish would be devoid of fish. I generally keep them where it is encouraged and try not to kill wild trout, and you aren't really allowed to kill native trout. You pretty much need to be a lawyer to understand the trout fishing regulations. I guess I like playing with my food a little bit too much but I feel I should kill one once in a while to remind myself that this is a bloodsport no matter how many articles and additudes try and tell me otherwise.