Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Hi, I'm new here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2006, 05:09 AM
SPONSOR

Re: Hi, I\'m new here

Steve,
Welcome to the forum. Good group of guys here. I hope you enjoy your stay, and look forward to your participation.
One of my next barrels in my MOA Maximum will be a 280 Improved. I like the 6.5's and the 7's myself

SEB Coaxial Front Rest - Dealer
http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...t-by-sam-hall/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCsyjQr0Yrc

"Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh no.........they're awake!""
Old 09-22-2006, 07:56 AM
Platinum Member

Hi Steve -- Been wanting to get a hold of you about a 223AI build, but the 2 emails I have for you bounced back [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Please send me an email if you would. (email in my profile here)

Thanks,
Jason
Old 09-22-2006, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Good shooting! Nice looking speed goat as well!Do you experiment with many wild cats? If so what kind and how many?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sniper2,

Yeah, I've run wildcats for about the last fifty years. Some were my own rifles and many were project rifles for articles.

My curent personal stable of wildcat rifles is as follows: Three .223 Ackleys, a Gordy Gritters .22-250 Ackley, a .250 Ackley, a Gordy Gritters 6.5-'06 Ackley and two .280 Ackleys. These are my working rifles.

Over the years, I've worked with everything from the .17 Mack IV to the .338-06 Ackley. Been there, done that. How many wildcats have I worked with? I would have to honestly say that I don't know. Lots.

To kinda put it in proportion, I'll attach a photo of my backup once-fired .223 Ackley brass. The boxes measure 13"X13"X5". A year or so ago, I actually weighed my reserves supply of once-fired .223 Ackley brass and it was way more than one hundred pounds (113 lbs, I believe). I fireform .223 Ackley in the field, so retty much every empty case you see here has killed an animal ... prairie dog, ground squirell, fox, coyote or bobcat.

My actual "working" lot of .223 Ackley brass is 2,000+ rounds of Winchester Supreme Nickel. Hmmmmm, Old Steve, the white-haired old phart, isn't likely to run out of brass any time soon. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Steve

Old 09-22-2006, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Steve -- Been wanting to get a hold of you about a 223AI build, but the 2 emails I have for you bounced back [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Please send me an email if you would. (email in my profile here)

Thanks,
Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

Friend Jason,

I tried to PM you, but my PM button apparently doesn't work. Please send me a PM and we'll get a dialog started, plus I'll send you my e-mail address. (e-mail is my old handle over at 24HourCampfire, plus (at) comcast.com)

We'll get it done, my friend.

Steve
Old 09-22-2006, 12:35 PM
Gold Member

Yep looks like you have it covered! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2006, 12:48 PM
Gold Member

the PM feature here is not activated.

d-a
Old 09-22-2006, 01:27 PM
Platinum Member

Steve -- i had @aol and @msn before... @comcast.com bounced

@comcast.net seems to have gone thru

If you don't get that email, hit me at my handle @yahoo.com

Take care,