Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Hi, I'm new here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2006, 01:50 PM

Hi, I\'m new here

Hi All,

I'm new here. I've hunted a lot, handloaded forever and written for gun/hunting magazines quite a bit.

Hopefully, if the atmosphere is friendly, I'll be able to hang out with you guys and add a bit of experience where I can.

Steve Timm
Old 09-21-2006, 01:56 PM
SPONSOR

Re: Hi, I\'m new here

Welcome to LRH!! I think you'll find this is one of the friendliest places on the net. Lots of great minds on here and everyone is willing to share. We could always use another great mind!!
Old 09-21-2006, 03:17 PM
Gold Member

Welcome Steve! I enjoyed your article on the little 218 bee
in the number 4 Nosler Reloading Guide and that was a nice photo of you holding that German shepherd(coyote).Just teasing welcome aboard I am sure you have plenty of info to share, jump in where ever you like...
Old 09-21-2006, 03:21 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome to LRH, we are a friendly bunch it seems, sort of like puppies only a little better trained (in most cases).
Old 09-21-2006, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome Steve! I enjoyed your article on the little 218 bee
in the number 4 Nosler Reloading Guide and that was a nice photo of you holding that German shepherd(coyote).Just teasing welcome aboard I am sure you have plenty of info to share, jump in where ever you like...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sniper,

Yup, I cringe every time I look at that photo. The coyote is about the size of a pygmie poodle, but it was the only photo I had of a .218-killed dog.

Now, you could have mentioned the decent mule deer photo I had in Nosler Number Five with the .280 Ackley intro.

Just to make up for the baby coyote, here is a photo of a BIG critter. It's an eland and it weighed 2,353 pounds guts, feathers and all. Yeah, big.

Steve

Old 09-21-2006, 04:34 PM
Gold Member

Yep! Now that is a Big critter Steve you must have made a great brain stem shot with a 218 bee to take him down!!LOL
Old 09-21-2006, 05:02 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome aboard Steve!
Recognize your handle from the Varmint Hunter magazines and your promoting of the 280AI.
Always good to have more knowledge in the quest for long range.