Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Help a dumb ass out

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Bronze Member

Help a dumb ass out

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I have searched and can only find how to use photobucket etc.

Can you post pics up straight off your hard drive? I found this

How do I attach a file to a post?
To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.
On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.
To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.
Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.

For some reason I don't get the manage attachments button below text box like I do on other site using this system.

Any help.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:11 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Help a dumb ass out

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedsar View Post
Sorry if this is a dumb question. I have searched and can only find how to use photobucket etc.

Can you post pics up straight off your hard drive? I found this

How do I attach a file to a post?
To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.
On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.
To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.
Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.

For some reason I don't get the manage attachments button below text box like I do on other site using this system.

Any help.
You can't post pictures directly from your hard drive to a post on this site. Unfortunately the software displays some options that aren't enabled on LRH. Maybe Len can give you a better explanation but for now you'll just have to put them on a hosting site first. Only takes a minute or so to dump them on a hosting site and then just use the correct link to put them here.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:56 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Help a dumb ass out

Thanks Mate.