Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

is the heat off yet?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 07:43 PM

is the heat off yet?

hey everyone its been awhile since ive been on here, i bought a new 1911 a little over a month ago and ive been cruising 1911 forums, but, i just noticed the political section of the forum has cooled off quite a bit and i was wondering if the recent white house scandals that are all over the news have taken the heat off the gun legislation for the time being? i havent heard much as of late on any news that ive watched lately. whats the deal?
Old 05-23-2013, 09:30 AM
Platinum Member

Re: is the heat off yet?

No it has not, I think we're all just a bit in need of a break. Obummer is still trying to issue exec orders, and turn it over to U.N. control.
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 05-23-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe King View Post
No it has not, I think we're all just a bit in need of a break. Obummer is still trying to issue exec orders, and turn it over to U.N. control.
even if he does sign the u.n treaty i highly doubt that congress would ratify it. with all the hot water the obama admin. is getting into im really hoping that his 2nd term just turns out to be a lame duck and nothing more
Old 05-25-2013, 04:54 PM
Platinum Member

I think the grabber's attempts to capitalize on tragedy and advance their agenda was beaten back pretty soundly at the Federal level. Unfortunately, there are a few states where some majorly restrictive legislation cruised right through. We all need to be vigilant, as these state losses set a bad precedent, and I fully expect "back door" anti-gun schemes will continue as long as Barry Hopebama is in charge.