Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Have Steel....Now What

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Bronze Member
Re: Have Steel....Now What

after reading some of your posts i see , the problems some of youhave finding a safe place to shoot, and a range thats long enough , sorry i hadent, thought of that, we are very isolated here, and dont shoot no where else,the 1200 yrd range we build is on an old ranch airport , what we did was put H posts acrossed the runway at every 100yrd mrk,by digging a hole and putting in 2 pipes level with the ground so we set our steel plates up from 100yrds to 1200 yrds so 1 guy can shoot at 1 distnce and next guy another distance, and another guy, at another, at the same time,dont know if im explaining this right , hope you all get what im tal king about , but it works real good ,a nd is easy to change ranges with ta.rget and a 4-wheelerwe dont know a hell of lot about long range shooting, and have never even seen a long range set up but we have fun and we hit something every once and awhile, theres nothing like pulling the trigger and hearing the bang & then a ding!!!!!!!!!!!!