A Podloc for a Harris bipod will cost you abut $21.00 plus shipping. So let us say it costs $25.00. It will take you about 15 minutes to install it.
Here is one more method of making you a nearly free podlock.
1. Take a scribe and mark the amount of rotation in the knurled knob that tightens down and loosens up the swivel function so when you install the lever it is properly located and will not hit either side before locking or loosening.
2. Take off the small front locking nut.
3. loosen the knurled knob until the threaded bolt is not sticking out of the threads of the knob.
4. Get a 4d or 6d box nail
5 Take your drill and a very small bit and carefully drill a hole that is centered in the rotation area from item 1 above. The hole should just miss the inside bevel. Change bits and enlargen the hole to the size of the nail.
6. File or grind off one side of the head of the nail so it is flush with the bevel inside the knurled knob. Also file off the ridge on the underside of the head.
7. You need to bend the nail head so it will lay flush inside the knurled knob or else you will not be able to get the locking nut back on. Take the nail over to your vise and open the vise up so the shank of the nail falls through but the head catches. Rotate the nail in the vise so that when it bends it will be aligned with the flat edge against the bevel inside the knurled knob.
Now take a hammer and a small nail punch and strike the nail head directly on top of the shank until you get about the right curvature.
8. Get your wire cutters and cut the nail point off to a length that will allow it to rotate past the wings of the bipod frame. Grind or file the point smooth.
9. Insert the nail into the hole and tighten up the knurled knob.
10. Get some locktite and then tighten up the locking nut.
11. If your are afraid that elk that are over 1000 yards away will be spooked by the one inch of shiny nail sticking out or if you believe that an invasion by the inhabitants of Sirius the dog star is imminent and you need to be on full tactical alert then you can take some electrical tape and wrap the nail a few times.
This takes about 15 minutes to accomplish.