Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

? for guys using brakes.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2006, 08:08 AM
Platinum Member

Re: ? for guys using brakes.

WHAT, WHADID U SAY!!!!

I also use electronic muffs while hunting. When sitting for extended periods of time I use the plug style with the plastic hoop thingy. I wear it around my neck and just flip em up if I need to.

Love the breaks !!!! loud or not.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:42 AM
Platinum Member

Re: ? for guys using brakes.

Thanks for all the replies.

Kirby, I was leaning towards the Holland, I know you and many here have really liked them. My thoughts on rifle wieght may be a little optomistic. I deffinatly want an accurate rifle and going to a slightly heavier contour won't hurt. This gun will be a dedicated elk rifle, and practice range stretcher. It's the Elk part that wants me to keep it light. May just as well flute a #7.

My wife is an Audiologist and is always asking me about ear plugs and such. She even bought me a pair of the electronic muffs, but I have never tried them hunting.

She is going to freak out when she hears a breaked RUM going off in her back yard. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Thanks all, Jim