Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

gunsmiths of color

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Silver Member

gunsmiths of color

I was aksed a question today by a young man looking to start into the gunsmith trade, he wanted to know "if there were any gunsmiths of color" the following was my reply "As to gunsmiths of color in over thirty years as a gunsmith and having contact with hundreds of smiths throughout the world I have never asked what color they are. I assume there are some but I really can't tell you its not something that comes up in our conversations. I don't believe it would make much difference one way or another a gunsmiths success is based on his workmanship and reputation. In today's world with computers customers look at a smiths web site, check out forums to learn about a smiths work, many times we received guns from all over the country and never meet the customers." Have any of you had work done by a gunsmith of color?