Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Gunsmith Question - Tikka 595

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 12:53 PM

Re: Gunsmith Question - Tikka 595

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varmint Hunter View Post
I've got a pre-T3 Tikka called the "Whitetail" or model 595. The rifle is accurate but has always had a feeding problem. The magazine will feed OK if held tightly into the receiver. However, if its not held in, it will relax downward a fraction of an inch which allows the bolt to slip off the case head and ride over the body.

There is a tiny spring loaded plunger that the magazine pushes upward when it is inserted. This plunger is always applying some downward pressure to the magazine flange and may be part of the reason that the magazine sits out a bit.

How can the problem be eliminated?
What does the plunger actually do when it is pused in by the insertion of the magazine?
I had the same problem. Take of the piece witch is pushing the ammo up. There is usyally some leftovers from the molt and that might be the reason it doest go fully up. Take some fine sand paper and make the piece smooth from the sides. Then put some oil in the piece.