Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Guns and Starbucks---Go Starbucks!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2013, 09:04 AM
Platinum Member

Guns and Starbucks---Go Starbucks!

Moms Demand Action to hold "Skip Starbucks Saturday" on Aug. 24

So, after you get our of your yoga and pilates class, get your finely tuned butt down to Starbucks and support them today. Protest the protest. Stand up for the 2nd.

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 08-24-2013, 09:18 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Guns and Starbucks---Go Starbucks!

A little lame IMO. Patronizing Starbucks is entirely voluntary so their choice in policy is their's to initiate and enforce. It is a privately held corporation, after all.

There are a lot of places that CPL holders can't carry in/at. I'm a CPL holder and I respect those.

Finally, I've never been to a Starbucks and have no desire to patronize one. My coffee comes from the percolator, at home.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:39 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
A little lame IMO. Patronizing Starbucks is entirely voluntary so their choice in policy is their's to initiate and enforce. It is a privately held corporation, after all.

There are a lot of places that CPL holders can't carry in/at. I'm a CPL holder and I respect those.

Finally, I've never been to a Starbucks and have no desire to patronize one. My coffee comes from the percolator, at home.
Well, as you say, it is a choice. And my choice is to support companies that support your right to carry.

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 08-24-2013, 01:31 PM
Bronze Member

None of the Starbucks I've been to, know anything about the Nazi mommy group.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:39 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnwrunner View Post
Well, as you say, it is a choice. And my choice is to support companies that support your right to carry.

Randy
Keep in mind that I qualify for the 'Senior Citizens' discount and meals so BE's over the hill menu and prices are to my liking.

The nearest Starbucks is 30 miles from here anyway. BE's is 3 miles and I do as well (support those retail establishments that support my right to carry in as much as getting a CPL in this state is an issue in itself.

I'm not a 'carry everyday' person anyway. I don't feel 'naked' without a firearm tucked in my pocket or under a jacket. It's more of a PITA at times in as much as when I carry it's usually a full size 1911, the Kimber or the Les Baer.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:01 PM
Platinum Member

and....FYI, Cabelas has a policy about carrying in the store. Their policy is you check your firearm at the front desk while shopping. Not sure if it's adhered to, but it is in place.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:23 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
and....FYI, Cabelas has a policy about carrying in the store. Their policy is you check your firearm at the front desk while shopping. Not sure if it's adhered to, but it is in place.
Well, I am an everyday, everywhere carry kind of a guy. I'd never be unarmed especially in public. Too bad about Cabelas policy as that kind of surprises me about them. But I'd still carry in their store as I'm sure a lot of other folks do----Doesn't do a lot of good if you need a gun and don't have one.

Randy