Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Gun finished

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 09:15 AM
Platinum Member

Gun finished

I just got my 1000 yard Varmint Shillouette finished. It's a Lawton 7500 action with a Krieger barrel that I had had my gun smith Jim Woodside build. Gun shoots and tracks flawlessly I had it out this morning and even though it was 8 degree's I was happy with it.
I got the stock from ( Jesse) jghoghunter it's a high grade walnut and man does it look good!!!! He got me the stock in good time and I am very happy with how it turned out after it was completely finished. I like the fiberglass and laminantes, but you just don't see wood that often any more so thats what I went with. If I could figure out how to shrink pictures down far enough I would post up some pictures of the finished product. Thanks again to Jessie for helping me get this gun finished in time.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Gun finished-lawton-1.jpg   Gun finished-lawton-2.jpg  

Gun finished-lawton-3.jpg   Gun finished-lawton-4.jpg  

Gun finished-lawton.jpg  
Old 02-19-2013, 09:31 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Gun finished

That's a fine looking gun, you've got some great parts on it and it no doubt will be a great shooter. Your right about the wood stock, it looks great. What caliber is it.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:50 AM
Platinum Member

300WSM I am very happy just need a warmer day to get the development finished.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:50 AM
Silver Member

Very nice. I hope she's a shooter. I remember while living in Wyoming we used to take portable heaters to keep our hands warm. Cold but, it was still fun!
Old 02-19-2013, 01:08 PM
Bronze Member

Thats a great caliber and I have not doubts about that gun doing you a great job for what you are wanting to do with it. If you see a faint green glow in the sky to the west, that would be me turning green with envy.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:05 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks guys,
I am gonna get out in the heated shooters shack tonight and play a little.