Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

GUN CONTROL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2006, 07:02 PM
Silver Member

GUN CONTROL

Though you might like to read this post from another fourm
DR B

" Subject: GUN CONTROL

Whether you agree or not, it's an interesting lesson in history. Something to think about...
In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control.
From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents,
unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------------------------------
In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
------------------------------------------------
Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million 'educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.
It has now been 12 months since gun owners in
Australia were forced by new law to surrender
640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in: Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)! In the state of
Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up300 percent. (Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!) While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed. There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in "successfully ridding Australiansociety of guns." The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it. You won't see this data on the American evening news or hear our president, governors or other politicians disseminating this information. Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans.....before it's too late! The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson. With guns, we are citizens. Without them, we are subjects. If you value your freedom, Please spread this antigun control message to all of your friends."

I got this as an email and have no way of verifying it. Perhaps some of our Australian posters can help with the dates and stats from their country. But it IS food for thought!

Three rules of Life: If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. Don't worry about what people think; they don't do it very often. Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:07 PM
Platinum Member

Re: GUN CONTROL

Thats why I'm a ferm believer that every able bodied man should do his duty here in the states and serve as a police officer. Even if its only a couple hrs a week people realy need to get out and look at the way things are , get their head out of their @$$ and look past the media BS and see what realy goes on.
AND , once your a commisioned officer and have had the proper training your able to carry your gun legaly.

NOTE : I said propoerly trained as their is a huge amount of guys with guns and badges that have no buisness with either
Old 05-06-2006, 08:44 PM
SPONSOR

JD, you hit nail with the hammer there!!

I have a lot of buddies who are law officers around here and they are very good at what they do. Then there are a lot of other officers around here who were guys who were picked on in highschool or have a inferiority complex and have no business in the job they have!!

I guess that is the way it goes though.

steve
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Old 05-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Silver Member

Interesting post [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] .

Not really sure which gun "buy back" your talking about (1996 all pump/semi shotguns, all semi rifles and submachineguns) or the more recent one (2004 i think) which outlawed ALL handguns over 9mm/.357/.38. Both were followed by increases in violent crimes and both seemed to just channel more weapons to the crims. Also you guys might find it interesting that now they are trying to ban sports like Duck hunting, IPSC and Action shooting as well as all semi auto handguns!
All this dispite the fact the police admit the majortory of crimes are commited with Unregisted/Unlicenced weapons!

In less than 10 years I believe that Australia will outlaw ALL firearms completely, and give people like me no choice but to become 'crimanals' or move to another country [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] .
Old 05-07-2006, 07:37 AM
Platinum Member

That goes back to the saying

I love my country , but fear my government
Old 05-07-2006, 08:06 AM
Gold Member

Interesting article, some politicans will not admit that criminals will procure guns illegaly or so it seems.We have plenty of gun laws already they just must be hard to inforce??? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2006, 08:34 AM
Platinum Member

JD/sniper:

My feelings are, strongly, that there are only two forces on this ol' earth. One is the "dark side". That's where the gun control guys are and it will always be that way until.....