Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Gun cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-22-2005, 02:59 PM
Platinum Member
Re: Gun cases

I just ordered the acecase sniper model which is 53" long. My rifle has a 29.5" Lilja bbl plus a Vais brake. It should fit just fine.

We'll see what it looks like.

Unread 07-22-2005, 03:51 PM

Let me know what you think when you get it. Both of my guns will have the short Harris bipods on them as well. I would like to have a case that would accomodate these as well.

Thanks for all the info.
Unread 07-22-2005, 07:48 PM
Silver Member

Just get em home then figure out what you need. I just got my first hard case to ship a rifle. I never needed one before cause usually they ride in my overhead rack in the truck. Never needed anything else so far. I don't do travel and hunting tho, so I think you guys that wander may need more than I.
If you're gonna be dumb you better be tough.
Unread 07-22-2005, 10:41 PM
Silver Member

I have a Tuffpack. The thing I like about it is that you can stuff the whole soft case right inside, or if you need to have a bipod attached, just tuck some clothing around your gun(s) and they ride safe.

You may not require this but; I brought back a fresh ostrich egg inside(!) the Tuffpack. With two rifles, in two gun cases, all inside the tuffpack case, a bunch of wadded up clothes and that ostrich egg.

I honestly don't know the limitation on barrel length, but it for sure will accomodate 30" barrels. Maybe more?

It isn't conventional, but it is tuff. Actually, rolling it through a terminal, it looks more like you are carrying golf clubs, than guns. Something to consider, in this age of restricted luggage allowances because the thing will hold considerable gear besides just a firearm.

Good hunting. LB