Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Gun Case on Quad

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2007, 11:19 AM
Silver Member

Gun Case on Quad

For the last couple of years I have been using my quad to get out to my hunting spots. When I bought the quad a got a koplin gun boot which mounts to the rear rack and holds a rifle at about a 45 degree angle with the muzzle down at the side of my leg. The back comes off and the rifle slides in from the top rear. See the picture.

The issue I am having, is now that I have elevation and windage turrets on most of my rifles nothing will fit in the case any more. Anybody have any solutions for a protective gun case on a quad that mounts in a similar fashion that will fit scopes with extended turrets? If it does not mount in the same position I am also looking for ideas that other people might be using.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. - George Washington

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.' -Unknown
Old 11-16-2007, 11:21 AM
Silver Member

06_grizz660_camo_od_3cx.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is irritating that I can not get pictures to post in the threads. There has got to be a better way.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. - George Washington

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.' -Unknown

Last edited by SES50; 11-16-2007 at 11:25 AM.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:06 PM
Gold Member

tried to fix it

Last edited by NYLES; 11-16-2007 at 01:13 PM.