Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Grouse hunting in WY

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2005, 01:58 PM
Silver Member

Grouse hunting in WY

Can any one of us out there recommend a decent grouse hunting guide in the Jackson, WY area? I'll be there the first week of September for a week's vacation, and was hoping to do some, as I see the season opens the first week of the month.

Thanks all, as always I appreciate the information.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:50 PM
Silver Member

Re: Grouse hunting in WY

I don't know if they actually guide for grouse hunting out west. Out west they are REALLY stupid - they stand there and let you throw rocks at them, or stand there while you pull out the pistol 20 feet away. They also seem to be more spread out all over the place than what I gather about hunting them back east.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:38 PM
Silver Member

Re: Grouse hunting in WY

Yeah, surely less hunting pressure than there is here. I gotta get out of here...