Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Grandson's last outing...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2007, 05:15 PM
Gold Member

Grandson\'s last outing...

WEll I have been having a world of fits with my internet stuff over the last couple of weeks. On thing or another and hopefully I have it worked out.

Anyway I had some work to get done at the farm a couple of weeks back. We helped Tim with a few things then headed on up to our place. After getting most of the work done that morning the grandson wanted to head out and burn a little powder. So down the hill we went.

He wanted to set up in the back of the truck as it allows him to get more comfortable behind the rifle. (Working on a shooting bench his size on paper). So after he shot a couple of times he say's "can I ring the gong"? Well who could rufuse that.

So he went three for three at around 180 yds with the reduced load I worked him up. Then we walkd down to see how he had done. I will let you be the judge. Two shots with 125gr BT's and one shot with a 130gr Kodiac Bonded Core.

First the two 125's, yep thats two alright!

Then the 130gr Kodiac, it drops a bit more,

Then the best shot,

I guess I had better dust off the press and get to loading him some more ammo, cause if he gets much more into it we will be out pretty soon. I don't think he will put up with that for too long. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

My Photo's

"Heck why would I lie, most folks don't believe the truth when I tell them"
Old 03-20-2007, 06:09 PM
Silver Member

Re: Grandson\'s last outing...

That's awesome!! My little girl (also a redhead...but only 3yr, 4 mo) started shooting a bow before winter set in. Now she shoots about once a week and has a ball! Can't wait till she's big'nuff to try the boomers!!
Old 03-20-2007, 07:04 PM
Platinum Member

Mike,
Thanks for sharing your grandson's shooting - you are so blessed to have a youngster like that in your life. He is a gooder!
Old 03-20-2007, 07:49 PM
Gold Member

Right there is the future of our sport. Congrats to grandpa Mike!
Old 03-20-2007, 08:10 PM
SPONSOR

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I know I've said it before but those stories just make me smile. Your lucky to have him and he is very lucky to have a grandpa that will do all that for him as well!!!
Old 03-20-2007, 08:17 PM
Platinum Member

Rifle: $xxxx
Scope: $xxxx

The smile in that last picture: PRICELESS.

Nice job!

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives
Old 03-20-2007, 09:08 PM
Platinum Member

Mike / Tx,
Grandpa, you've done it!!! The boy is hooked and following grandpa foot steps. Awesome!!! Congratulations to both!

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!