Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Gotta love "The Onion"...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2006, 08:53 PM

Gotta love \"The Onion\"...

Figured you guys could all appreciate the humor...

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/54719

Former Marine Sniper Slapped With 3,000-Yard Restraining Order
November 1, 2006 | Issue 42•44

MACON, GA—Citing Emily Holman's right to feel safe traversing vast open spaces, especially when within visual range of clock towers, parking structures, and tall buildings, a judge awarded the 28-year-old a 3,000-yard restraining order yesterday against her former boyfriend, retired Marine sniper Gordon Lee Blackwood. "When we broke up he started calling me 10 times a day from his job," said Holman, who realized Blackwood's office building, which had an open, flat roof, was only 1,800 yards away. "He had me flinching every time I saw sunlight glinting off any surface within two and a half miles." Blackwood would not comment on the judge's decision, saying only that he still loved Holman and was trying to understand the distance and crosswinds that separated them.

(The Onion is a satirical news website)
Old 11-13-2006, 09:51 PM
Gold Member

Re: Gotta love \"The Onion\"...

[ QUOTE ]
Blackwood would not comment on the judge's decision, saying only that he still loved Holman and was trying to understand the distance and crosswinds that separated them.

[/ QUOTE ]

now thats funny, I don't care who you are! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2006, 03:06 AM
Silver Member

Re: Gotta love \"The Onion\"...

Saw this posted elsewheres, but the poster didn't let on (or didn't know) that it was from the onion, and what all that entailed.

I appreciate the onion for what it is, however, these days I find myself over at the a.v. club far more often (there is a limit to the quantity of fake news one can digest).

Glad you posted.