Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Gm 6.0?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2013, 11:16 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Gm 6.0?

A half ton can't haul it's own shadow! Driving one is what I imagine what slow death feels like! I can throw my little tool box in a half ton and it won't get over even a small pass over 30MPH, the Duramax 1 ton won't drop below the speed limit and it's heavier than a 1/2 ton and 3/4 put together!
Old 12-06-2013, 10:53 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
I put a 1000lb can am atv 1000 in the back of my 1/2 ton 2 wheel drive and maybe its not as big as the lump of coal you've hauled around it barley sags and can hardly tell its in there. The LS series engines are the some of the best engines to date and fuel efficient as they come.
But hey, each there own

My Polaris Ranger has a 1k/lb payload capacity...

Oh, this is going to be a fun discussion.

t

Old 12-06-2013, 11:08 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
I put a 1000lb can am atv 1000 in the back of my 1/2 ton 2 wheel drive and maybe its not as big as the lump of coal you've hauled around it barley sags and can hardly tell its in there. The LS series engines are the some of the best engines to date and fuel efficient as they come.
But hey, each there own

What Can Am ATV do you have that weighs 1000 lbs?

Get a JOB! I already feed the bears, I dont need to feed you too!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 12-06-2013, 12:27 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkamike View Post
What Can Am ATV do you have that weighs 1000 lbs?
2013 outlander 1000xt.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:03 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigngreen View Post
A half ton can't haul it's own shadow! Driving one is what I imagine what slow death feels like! I can throw my little tool box in a half ton and it won't get over even a small pass over 30MPH, the Duramax 1 ton won't drop below the speed limit and it's heavier than a 1/2 ton and 3/4 put together!
the one ton Duramax weighs less than you think. A Dodge four wheel drive one ton dualie standard shift weighs a touch over 8,000lb, and that over thousand more than a similar equipped Chevy. I know this for a fact because we weighed them at work. You have to know this to set up a dyno.
gary
Old 12-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickymissfit View Post
the one ton Duramax weighs less than you think. A Dodge four wheel drive one ton dualie standard shift weighs a touch over 8,000lb, and that over thousand more than a similar equipped Chevy. I know this for a fact because we weighed them at work. You have to know this to set up a dyno.
gary
The one ton Duramax I'm speaking of has a heavy duty crane body and crane, loaded with tools in every nook and cranny, it's 12,000 empty so I'm guessing I'm rolling close to 15,000 ish.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Platinum Member

I put a down Payment on the crew cab short box GMC 2500HD... So I guess the search is over. Its over in Bozeman so when the roads clear up im gonna head over and pick it up,

Get a JOB! I already feed the bears, I dont need to feed you too!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad