Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

getting ripped off

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 12:52 PM
Bronze Member

getting ripped off

I have a serious question for all, what do you do if you get ripped off by another member of this site?? I sent a member of this site a postal m/o to purchase a barrel on 4-22-2011 and have not received it as of yet even though I was told it was shipped priority mail on 05-02-2011. I asked for a tracking number and was given a number that is not valid. I asked if he would file a claim with the post office and have not gotten a response from him in almost a week. What do you guys recommend my next step being?

Thanks, Mike
Old 05-16-2011, 04:26 PM
Silver Member

Re: getting ripped off

First thing I would like to know is what there user name is. Maybe they will want to cooperate if their identity is revealed to God and peers.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunpoor View Post
First thing I would like to know is what there user name is. Maybe they will want to cooperate if their identity is revealed to God and peers.
X2 . Might be a reasonable explanation that would make better but there might not be .
Old 05-16-2011, 04:40 PM
Platinum Member

I am sure the person has seen this thread----just go to the Post Office and tell them you do not have the product. Unless he is just a criminal he will produce it pretty quick---one reason I like the PMO's..

Went and looked and while he is a member here he has very few posts and most are selling something--be careful here to make sure it is not a communication issue. If it is not then fry him.

Last edited by Boss Hoss; 05-16-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:06 AM
Bronze Member

If I do not receive a PM by tomorrow explaining what has happened I will give everybody a name so they can stay clear of this guy in the future! I have no tolerance for people lying or not communicating when my $$$ is concerned.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:50 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Went and looked and while he is a member here he has very few posts and most are selling something--be careful here to make sure it is not a communication issue. If it is not then fry him.
I've bought a few things here, ranging from custom rifles to a Mark 4 scope to Jewell trigger and AR-500 plates, so far, all has been good and went very smoothly.

I think Boss has made a good point however, maybe we should screen the folks that are only here to sell something. Most are probably fine, but I'd rather buy from someone who is somewhat "known" and has contributed something to the site other than just selling their wares.

I really hope this turns out good for you, hopefully it's just bad timing and not fraudulent.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:16 AM
Platinum Member

If there intentions are to steal from you:

Contact your attorney general and visit about it. They have a consumer Fraud and antitrust division. Don't know if a private sale qualifies. Keep your correspondence with them they might be useful. If the AG can't do anything contact your attorney. I would make it cost as much for the guy as possible. It is a principal thing to me. Make that barrel cost ten times what it's value is and I bet they will never do it again. Funny thing is I have sold a rifle or two to some very powerful wealthy people, you just never know who you are dealing with. Treat everyone the way you want to be treated.

Brent

"The will to win, compares little with the will to prepare to win" Donovan Moran