Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Getting Flammed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-19-2008, 02:22 PM
Platinum Member
Re: Getting Flammed

Originally Posted by jmason View Post
You should be very proud of this accomplishment. Although I coulnd't have pulled that off I'm green with envy and work every week trying to get my skill level to the point it becomes a possibility. I couldn't suffer through the rest of that thread. Those guys don't know how difficult it is to get to your skill level. I can't say that I do either but I'm damned sure working on it!!

The thread is getting good. Jump to the last 3-4 posts.

If some is good and more is better, then too much is just right.

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives

Unread 11-19-2008, 09:16 PM
Silver Member

I think that turned out pretty good.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. - George Washington

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.' -Unknown
Unread 11-20-2008, 01:29 AM
Gold Member

I hate to admit it, but ten years ago I held a lot of the same opinions about LR hunting. I would like to think that I would not have been that rude and aggressive, however.

After a couple trips outside Illinois where we can only hunt with shotgun slugs or muzzleloaders, I began to get interested in the possibility. Once I got into it, this is an amazing world (LR hunting). If some of these idiots would get out and see what we're about before attacking, their opinions might be different.
Unread 11-20-2008, 04:46 AM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by jwp475 View Post
It is amazing how some can define ethical as distance instead of conditions and circumstances.
+1... I agree 100%.

I have had that argument on THR many times...usually with the same person.

Give em hell...
Unread 11-20-2008, 09:59 AM
Platinum Member
The Tables Have Turned

The Flammers wound up getting FLAMMED for thier "Unethical" hunting behavior

A "GREAT BIG THANK YOU" to all of you that came to "The Rescue" and tuened the tables on the ignorant and educated many

Again Thanks
range it,check the wind, dial in correction, aim and only one shot
Unread 11-20-2008, 11:19 AM
Platinum Member

Very entertaining.
I admit that I know just enough to be dangerous.....but dangerous at ever extending distances.
Unread 11-20-2008, 05:13 PM
Platinum Member

well, the AR forum has a lot of good information about reloading and some good hunting stories... but I don't visit to often any more because there are just way to many idiots there too!

the whole forum is much less respectfull than this one. LRH is educational and entertaining where as AR is mostly entertaining.
I used to re-load but now I "hand-load".
-- Well, at least I try --