Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Getting Flammed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-18-2008, 02:53 AM
Platinum Member
Re: Getting Flamed

I think you did fine. Those guys will get their undies wound so tight it'll take their breath away! It looked to me like there were some coming to your defense, and some that will never change - until after death.

Unread 11-18-2008, 05:40 AM
Platinum Member
Re: Getting Flammed

Originally Posted by jwp475 View Post
I posted on A. R. and I am getting flammed for being a long range hunter. What ********

Check it out:

My New Mexico Elk - Topic Powered by eve community
jwp, I tried to post but it keeps telling me that I have not been approved.

I do agree with ss7mm, they have no idea what you're talking about!

They just don't know what it takes to do what you do.

Good hunt!

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Unread 11-18-2008, 08:25 AM
Platinum Member
We are wolves

I have to agree I read you post and looked at your picís what a hunt congratulations. Itís funny the ignorance of some men that think there is only one way to skin a cat and that is that.

I also think it very funny that they think the SMK is not a hunting bullet after some of the things I have read and seen hear. They just do not understand because they have not done there research they believe what they are told and that it.

Unread 11-18-2008, 09:32 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Ethics are a personal thing. The fact that we leave ethics at the door here on this site is what makes this site so functional.

I first came to this site looking for knowledge on loading,shooting, and guns in general. I did not think much of the loooong range hunting. I was willing to leave that opinion out of my time here. I am no longer of the same opinion, my rifle has a drop chart taped to the stock. Other than antelope I have not dialed for distance. It has been easier to get closer.

I do think that hunting ethics must be taken care of within the hunting community. There is no more cannibalizing group than hunters. Hunters all hate other types of hunting other than the type they do themselves. If you want to drop big rocks out of trees to harvest game, great. Do it to the best of your ability. Choose the best rocks for the job, and practice dropping them. You want to use dogs to chase down hogs, let the dogs chew the hog into submission, then plug it in the head w/ a pistol, great. I do not want to do this, it sounds awful. I as a sportsman support this type of hunting, because I need them to support my kind of hunting.

The anti's don't have to do anything to stop hunting, we are all willing to regulate our selves out of business. One half of hunters hates the other, and within the halves there is constant bickering. I have often thought that we need a sportsman's organization that supports all types of wildlife sporting activities. We need education not regulation. How do you stop one brand of hunter trying to get rid of a different brand of hunter?

I am sorry for venting. You all keep up the good work. I like the fact that generally we all get along here despite socio, political, and ethical differences.

Hammer Bullets
Advanced Technology
Simply Better

To hunt... or not to hunt...? What a stupid question.
Unread 11-18-2008, 10:21 AM
Platinum Member

John----I posted and hit the guy pretty hard but he deserved it!
The Truth Is Not Always Good For Business!!
Unread 11-18-2008, 10:57 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by jwp475 View Post
I posted on A. R. and I am getting flammed for being a long range hunter. What ********

Check it out:

My New Mexico Elk - Topic Powered by eve community

Don't let it get you down It was a good hunt and that's what counts!!!!!!!

As far as getting flammed from some of these people there's a simple explanation.

They can't shoot that far and won't admit it ether. most claim that they like getting
close but they don't admit that the reason is they can't shoot.

These are also the same people that may go to the range 1 time to site there rifle in
and tell everyone they are ready to go. ( WITH NO PRACTICE ).

Like you I went to colorado prepaired for no more than a 1100 yard shot because
of practice,zero's,weapon used and terrain.

I purposely set up where the average shot was around 6 to 700 yrds and even turned
down a 650 yrd shot because it would have been impossible to recover the elk. and just
because you can make the shot does not mean you should.

I have taken long shots with bows,pistols and rifles but have also turned down close
shots because conditions were not right for clean one shot kills.

So your ethics are right on. You went prepaired and new your limits and stuck with them
and had a good hunt and should not apoligize to any one.

There was one more comment that was made about the misses that were never reported
that was way off base. I have seen many post on this website of misses ,But those
guys never miss because they hunt close."BULL". I have tracked many many times
for those type of people who made lousy shots and made all kinds of excuses and
even had to put the cu de gras on many .

Sorry about getting on my soap box!!!!!

You done good
Unread 11-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Platinum Member

You should be very proud of this accomplishment. Although I coulnd't have pulled that off I'm green with envy and work every week trying to get my skill level to the point it becomes a possibility. I couldn't suffer through the rest of that thread. Those guys don't know how difficult it is to get to your skill level. I can't say that I do either but I'm damned sure working on it!!
"I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid." - Terry Bradshaw