Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Getting Flammed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 09:37 PM
Platinum Member

Getting Flammed

I posted on A. R. and I am getting flammed for being a long range hunter. What A-Holes

Check it out:

My New Mexico Elk - Topic Powered by eve community
Old 11-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Getting Flammed

Yep. Comments from others who set themselves up on a pedestal to judge other hunters that hunt differently get old in a hurry. Life's too short to hang around in that kind of a crowd.

I'm kinda glad you posted over there. Hopefully those guys will stay over there and fight it out amongst themselves until they run out of energy. A few losers posting there for sure.

Congrats on your successful elk hunt. Look's like you got to hunt some pretty country while the weather was good. I suspect you would have preferred a longer shot, but that elk will eat the same either way!

Last edited by phorwath; 11-18-2008 at 02:49 AM.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:15 PM
Platinum Member

It is amazing how some can define ethical as distance instead of conditions and curcumstances. The first time that I hunted with RB Outfitters I had a large 6x6 BULL AT ABOUT 100 and I was so winded from the hurried up hill travel that I could not keep that ELK in my scope and consequently didn't fire..
Old 11-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Gold Member

Idiots are everywhere put your foot in their ass and turn a deaf ear.:mad:

Old 11-17-2008, 10:24 PM
Platinum Member

With as many posts as you have there I'd think you know what would be the result of that post. I wouldn't have wasted my time over there.

Also, losing your cool when some dipstick gives you crap doesn't help your case much. If I'd read your post before any replies had been made I'd have predicted what was going to happen over there, but to each his own.

Good luck trying to defend or explain something to someone who doesn't know what you're talking about.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:25 PM
Silver Member

Well, there's always some penis envy comin from the guys who decided long ago that stalking was somehow a much more honorable skill than marksmanship (sometimes because they suck at shooting). The fact of the matter is that the ethics of hunting should be a healthy respect for the animal and doing all in your power to make sure that no matter what tool you are using or at what distance that the animal is harvested in a clean manner that minimizes it's suffering.

How many animals have been wounded, lost and wasted or died slowly needlessly because one of these same guys stalked up within 50 yards with their 2-6 MOA weapon and due to lack of practice, poor marksmanship, equipment failure due to neglect or just not having a lethal enough weapon for the job?

I've heard a thousand times more stories about some inbred with his dirty-30/ grandad's rifle wounding and losing game than I've ever heard about a long range hunter doing the same.

The reason is simple, if you're using a long range gun and know what you're doing you're gonna make a clean kill with very few exceptions. And if you don't know what you're doing and try to take a real long range shot, you're probably gonna miss and miss by a mile without injuring the animal with very few exceptions. However, if you're under 200 yards you can do alot of stuff wrong and still hit a big game animal, you may not kill him, or kill him in the same area code but you can hit em' even if you bend your trigger with your eyes shut. But the guys that are ridin' your butt because they're uncomfortable with their own marksmanship skills aren't gonna wanna hear that inconvenient fact.

Last edited by devildoc; 11-17-2008 at 10:33 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:08 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss7mm View Post
With as many posts as you have there I'd think you know what would be the result of that post. I wouldn't have wasted my time over there.

Also, losing your cool when some dipstick gives you crap doesn't help your case much. If I'd read your post before any replies had been made I'd have predicted what was going to happen over there, but to each his own.

Good luck trying to defend or explain something to someone who doesn't know what you're talking about.
I agree that they don't have a clue about long range hunting and it's a replay of the old days before hunting with a handgun became accepted.

While I can see where one might call it losing my temper, but I prefer to call it calling a spade a spade..

In the end I and long range hunting will prevail