Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Get out and Vote on Tuesday!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2006, 10:51 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Get out and Vote on Tuesday!!!

Remember Tuesday is election day and this is a critical vote to preserve our right to do what we love. If the Dems get control of the house and senate you can bet your favorite rifle they will be coming after our firearms.

Gun control has been a big topic of this election season but rest assured the Dems have their plans to dramatically change the sport we love so much.

Not that Republicans are perfect, they are not, but at least they are generally on our side concerning the 2nd ammendment.

Get out and Vote on Tuesday if our sport is important to you!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 11-05-2006, 12:54 AM
Gold Member

Re: Get out and Vote on Tuesday!!!

AMEN!
I hate to see the Schumer/Brady/Clinton tribe on the war path again!
Old 11-05-2006, 06:04 AM
Platinum Member

Sorry, one slight error!

Republicans vote on Tuesday, BUT Democrats are advised not to vote until Wednesday otherwise they could inadvertently vote for the Republican!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

edge.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:56 AM
Platinum Member

Well we are now up to 6,934 members on the forum and I expect I am outnumbered 6,933 to one so I am not going to say who I am going to vote for.

If gun control is your push button issue (it is not mine obviously) then you really do need to go and vote. Both Kirby and Ballistic64 know the difficulties I go through to get a new gun (and a fine gun it was/is).
Old 11-05-2006, 08:22 AM
Platinum Member

I see your location is the Potomac River, I hope that you are upstream from Washington [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

edge.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:02 AM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]

Get out and Vote on Tuesday if our sport is important to you!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Kirby,

You are of course correct; very well said; but it is unfortunate that it has to be this way.

I hate that our government officials, whom are sworn to uphold the Constitution & the Bill of Rights, are so eager to exploit its basic principals as a bargaining chip. Our basic rights and freedoms should not be an issue that is up for grabs. Too many have paid the ultimate price to make these secure. Kirby is right, go vote on Tuesday, but don’t stop there, let your voice be heard as loudly and as often as possible. Support Gun Rights activist groups, enclose letters with your membership fees and donations; explain to them that they must be willing to work with both parties. Request a list of their corporate sponsors and support those that are willing to uphold the 2nd Amendment.
Most outdoor enthusiast are politically moderate; concerned for both environmental issues and civil decency. I hope we may, some day, be allowed to cast our votes based on other issues that pertain more to the operating policies of our government, rather than having to use our vote as ransom for our basic rights and freedom.
Dave
Old 11-05-2006, 09:43 AM
Silver Member

Kirby,

I strongly agree everyone should vote. However, I would encourage everyone to vote based on the individual candidate’s views, not for any particular party. They do vary and not all Republicans are the best candidate on this issue or any issue and not all Democrats are bad. Here is the link to the NRA’s analysis of candidates. You can click on it for your area and see there analysis of your candidates. In my area, they mostly favor Republicans, but in some races do favor Democrats.

http://www.nrapvf.org/

Also of importance for hunters and outsdoorsmen are a candidate’s views on funding for public lands, conservation issues which are frequently embedded in the Farm Bill, and water policy.

Finally, here is a law passed as H.R. 5122 by the Republican controlled Congress and signed by Bush in October. It was included in a defense appropriation bill. Sometimes when you see a Congressman voting against what appears to be a good bill, it is because it is chock full of these kinds of truly frightening amendments.

So yes, most definitely go vote, but spend a few hours reading about each of your candidates before you show up and vote for the best candidate, not the political party.

SEC. 1076. USE OF THE ARMED FORCES IN MAJOR PUBLIC EMERGENCIES.

(a) Use of the Armed Forces Authorized-

(1) IN GENERAL- Section 333 of title 10, United States Code, is amended to read as follows:

Sec. 333. Major public emergencies; interference with State and Federal law

`(a) Use of Armed Forces in Major Public Emergencies- (1) The President may employ the armed forces, including the National Guard in Federal service, to--

`(A) restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition in any State or possession of the United States, the President determines that--

`(i) domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order; and

`(ii) such violence results in a condition described in paragraph (2); or

`(B) suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy if such insurrection, violation, combination, or conspiracy results in a condition described in paragraph (2).

`(2) A condition described in this paragraph is a condition that--

`(A) so hinders the execution of the laws of a State or possession, as applicable, and of the United States within that State or possession, that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law, and the constituted authorities of that State or possession are unable, fail, or refuse to protect that right, privilege, or immunity, or to give that protection; or

`(B) opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.

`(3) In any situation covered by paragraph (1)(B), the State shall be considered to have denied the equal protection of the laws secured by the Constitution.\