Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Genereal Shooting Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2005, 01:09 PM
Bronze Member

Genereal Shooting Supplies

Gents

The equipment you have at your disposal is awesome and overall excellent quality and I purchase from your suppliers whenever I can. Cabelas are a good store but they do two things that make it difficult for us here over the pond in the UK firstly, carriage is a whopping 40% for airmail and only slightly less for surface that Cabelas say can take upto 3 months although I have never had to wait that long for my stuff. The second, they seem to change what they will ship and when trying to discuss with them why, the just state corporate policy. I want to get into LRH in a big way and need gear that is available to you in the USA at a fraction of the cost it is here, eg a $40 item to you costs us roughly $72 here [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I want both clothing to replace my worn out gear and eqpt to help with the LRH. Not looking to import illegal goods just looking for a way to get it here cheaper. Can you recommend any outfitters like Cabelas that is not so heavy on the carriage????

Thanks in advance

H
Old 07-27-2005, 12:20 AM
Gold Member

Re: Genereal Shooting Supplies

'Genereal'? ...penicillin might help [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2005, 01:57 PM
Bronze Member

The only response I get.......... an it had to be you pointin out a spelin misstak [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2005, 07:09 AM
Silver Member

I don't know of anywhere in the states that wouldn't charge export costs.
"I am a stone. I do not move. Very slowly, I put snow in my mouth and he won't see my breath. I take my time. . . I have only one bullet. I aim at his eye. Very gently, my finger presses on the trigger. I do not tremble. I have no fear"
Old 07-28-2005, 12:52 PM
Bronze Member

sasquatch

That aint the problem buddy, we pay import tax and VAT here on arrival but its still way cheaper to import than buy here.

H
Old 07-28-2005, 10:32 PM
Silver Member

sorry, I misunderstood. I need to stop getting on here when I am lacking in the sleep department. I wish I could help you, but I don't know of many suppliers.
"I am a stone. I do not move. Very slowly, I put snow in my mouth and he won't see my breath. I take my time. . . I have only one bullet. I aim at his eye. Very gently, my finger presses on the trigger. I do not tremble. I have no fear"
Old 07-28-2005, 11:30 PM
Silver Member

FULLY SYMPATHISE and equally interested - I know the situation all too well.

Worse here as Spanish prices can be as much as 15% higher than the UK. Scan some German sites - for some odd reason stuff is often cheaper there.

Gets even worse if you want a decent (rather than TOP SPOT) scope - as nobody seems willing to ship, due to DTI! - I'm lucky that I can (could anyway) get a fair amount of stuff at trade prices un the UK. But it's a pain.