Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Game Eye -you got it ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2007, 01:15 PM
Silver Member

bwaites...that's hilarious!!!

Something I read long ago about the pros of male/female partners hunting together was that men and women see "differently." The artical was saying that a male's eyes can see a whole deer 1k yds away where a female may have a problem seeing it, but a female can see a spot in the brush 30 yds away and know it's a deers nose.

I don't know if there is any truth to it, just throwing out there what I "heard."
Old 09-14-2007, 07:47 PM
Platinum Member

It takes no less than 3 consecutive days in the field for the "city" to wear off and I begin to see things.

Last deer season my partner and I were spotting from a high location on the first morning. Before the sun came over the mountain to the east we spotted nothing and were getting ready to shift directions. As the sun broke over the mountain within a couple of minutes we spotted over 20 deer that had been there all along.:o
Old 09-14-2007, 11:17 PM
Bronze Member

Ever see any of Bev Doolittle"s art? things hidden in plain view.
Norm
Old 09-14-2007, 11:18 PM
Bronze Member

Ever see any of Bev Doolittle's art? things hidden in plain view.
Norm
Old 09-15-2007, 02:20 AM
Platinum Member

My favorite hunting buddy is stone cold color blind. He usualy spots game first...especialy coyotes and turkeys! He is looking for movement and things out of place and I've found myself relying on color too much?
The scary part is he cant see blaze orange at all :eek: We make a good spotting team, he finds the game and I tell him when other hunters are in the area
Old 09-16-2007, 12:14 AM

I feel that it is one of my life's great accomplishments to teach both my son and daughter to look for an eye, nose, ear, a line in the brush that is not right. Then have them say "dad, there he is" before I see the animal.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:28 PM
Silver Member

I have a couple of mates who have trouble spotting game, and i've found most of my friends/family from the city i take shooting can't see a damn thing unless it's in the middle of a field or on the horizon. While i kinda look for the whole animal i'm always expecting to only see part of it (Head poking up from behind a log, hind quarters from behind a shrub etc) Silhouette and out of place lines are the biggest give away but i guess you only begin to notice them when you have spent a bit of time in the bush. For someone who only goes bush a couple of times a year i guess they're just not 'in tune' with how things look and hence arn't as alert when it comes to lines that go against the natural grain of things.