Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Furlough again ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 09:39 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Furlough again ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEENIX View Post
It's official! I worked for 4 hours this AM, did my time card for the pay period, signed my furlough notification (1-30 Oct) and off I went.

In my squadron, the civilians are in good spirit, however, the military are not.
Sorry to hear that man. We had a couple civilian employees and a hand full of technicians that did the same today. Our S-1 (personnel) told us that all active duty soldiers should still be paid, then our Command Sergeant Major said not to count on it. Not knowing sucks, have to wait till the 15th to find out.

The people trying to say the 2nd Amendment is outdated are probably the same folks that would say the same thing about the Bible.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcairflr View Post
It's not a tough stand, it's a stand against a bloated government that wastes our tax payer money every single day.

I say shut it all down, I'm sick of our corrupt government and government workers who cry like babies when they have a shutdown. Us people in the private sector have to deal with lay-offs all the time.
Never mind, I deleted this post.

The people trying to say the 2nd Amendment is outdated are probably the same folks that would say the same thing about the Bible.

Last edited by Bravo 4; 10-01-2013 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Language and content...
Old 10-01-2013, 11:00 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Your kidding, right?

If you are a government worker you'll get paid whether you work or not.
Well you are wrong on this!

Quote:
It's not a tough stand, it's a stand against a bloated government that wastes our tax payer money every single day.

I say shut it all down, I'm sick of our corrupt government and government workers who cry like babies when they have a shutdown. Us people in the private sector have to deal with lay-offs all the time.
There are people like myself who protect you daily and will continue to do so! I hope you sleep well at night knowing your safe!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...4-build-83765/ - Build Thread
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...-284-a-124876/ - Gun Pictures/Ongoing Shooting Thread
Old 10-02-2013, 12:45 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEENIX View Post
It's official! I worked for 4 hours this AM, did my time card for the pay period, signed my furlough notification (1-30 Oct) and off I went.

In my squadron, the civilians are in good spirit, however, the military are not.
That's a bummer Ed, it sucks. I know me and family menbers have had the rug pulled out from under us on more than one occasion. One lesson I learned is that there are no guarantees in life. I can tell ya, I've learned to have a hole card ready to go in case I needed it and I have needed it several times. I know that a military pension doesn't get you very far and due to divorce related crap, I separated at 18 years because it wasn't worth staying in for personal reasons.

My uncle worked for Bethlehem Steel for not sure how many years, but the local thinking was it was as sure a job as there was and then almost overnight, several months, they were liquidated. He lost his pension and had to go find work for less than half the pay he was getting with Bethlehem.

Hang in there and whatever skills you have, put them to good use. In today's world I would say you are a valuable asset in the right place. No doubt this "governmental adjustment" will soon pass, but I fear this will be a common occurrence in the future as we have a runaway budget. I would plan accordingly.

In the mean time... good shooting

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 10-02-2013, 12:56 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:

I am tempted to say..."who asked you?"

But I'll engage...

I have been a government worker, USAF, and i figured I earned my pay. I didn't think I was under paid, but I felt I earned my pay, and once when I was overseas during a deployment, the Congress actually did shut down the government for a short period of time, while my at the time wife with our children had to pay bills and buy food.

I agree that government spending is out of control but there are real people with everyday needs that are being affected by this. Best to keep your cry baby rhetoric to your self.

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 10-02-2013, 05:58 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
SNIP.

I don't understand you comment aboiut paying a penalty on 401K withdrawls prior to 591/2. I took mine and my company pension at 56 with no penalty whatsoever. I did reinvest it and I do draw on it monthly. If you take a lump sum payout, there are Federal guidelines and a penalty but nothing for a graduated withdrawl. Thats done for a reason and that reason is, the government don't want you to blow the money and be peniless and wind up on public assistance.

SNIP.

IRA Early Withdrawal Penalty

"An IRA early withdrawal penalty is assessed on IRA withdrawals taken before you reach age 59 ½.

How does the IRA early withdrawal penalty work? Here’s an example:

Suppose you are age 54 and you take $10,000 from your traditional IRA.

The $10,000 shows up as income on the first page of your tax return.
This income is included along with all other sources of income to determine the total amount of tax owed for the year.
The amount of tax owed on the $10,000 will depend on your income tax rate, which is determined by your total income and deductions.
In addition to tax on the $10,000 early withdrawal, a 10% penalty tax is assessed on the withdrawal.
In this scenario that would be an additional $1,000 of tax owed in addition to your ordinary income taxes."

edge.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:39 AM
Silver Member

Is it just me or am I the only one who has thought of keeping and fully paying the military. You know the ones that keep use safe for not a great wage. Why dont we try not paying congress, DEQ agents, and other bullshit employees like Mrs. Lerhner for the IRS these people have sucked us dry long enough. Then there is welfare, I live in Michigan and can tell you nothing pisses me off more than welfare it has become a way of life hear. I watch daily ebt cards get used for everything and anything. Go back to the original six months. This is America and everyone could find a job it may not be the one u want but a job. Hell get Detroit off welfare that will fund the government for awhile