Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Furlough again ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 11:14 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Furlough again ...

Word around the campfire is shutdown is imminent! Have to report to work, do my job, and not get paid! Unknown at this time if the our pay will be retroactive! Both incomes in my house are from the same source, therefore I get hit twice!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...4-build-83765/ - Build Thread

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...-284-a-124876/ - Gun Pictures
Old 09-30-2013, 05:20 PM
Platinum Member

I see it in the private sector. We are cutting and levelling a bunch of high strength steel sheet and processing it but it's not shipping out.

That is an omnious sign.

If you look at the flip side, someone with gumption needs to quit kicking the can down the road. Enough is enough and I understand there will be some hardship but it's better now than later when it will be much, much worse.

To that end, I must stand with the politicians that have said enough is enough. Thats a tough stand but a necessary stand

If this country as a whole don't fess up to the impending crisis, we will be eating with chopsticks and the unsung hero will be Chairman Mao.

We al (for the most part)l have a standrd of living we are used to. Do you really want to regress? I don't think so. Keep going the way we are and there won't be a choice.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:36 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.O. Shooter View Post
Word around the campfire is shutdown is imminent! Have to report to work, do my job, and not get paid! Unknown at this time if the our pay will be retroactive! Both incomes in my house are from the same source, therefore I get hit twice!
Your kidding, right?

If you are a government worker you'll get paid whether you work or not.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:39 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
I see it in the private sector. We are cutting and levelling a bunch of high strength steel sheet and processing it but it's not shipping out.

That is an omnious sign.

If you look at the flip side, someone with gumption needs to quit kicking the can down the road. Enough is enough and I understand there will be some hardship but it's better now than later when it will be much, much worse.

To that end, I must stand with the politicians that have said enough is enough. Thats a tough stand but a necessary stand

If this country as a whole don't fess up to the impending crisis, we will be eating with chopsticks and the unsung hero will be Chairman Mao.

We al (for the most part)l have a standrd of living we are used to. Do you really want to regress? I don't think so. Keep going the way we are and there won't be a choice.
It's not a tough stand, it's a stand against a bloated government that wastes our tax payer money every single day.

I say shut it all down, I'm sick of our corrupt government and government workers who cry like babies when they have a shutdown. Us people in the private sector have to deal with lay-offs all the time.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:55 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcairflr View Post
It's not a tough stand, it's a stand against a bloated government that wastes our tax payer money every single day.

I say shut it all down, I'm sick of our corrupt government and government workers who cry like babies when they have a shutdown. Us people in the private sector have to deal with lay-offs all the time.
I spent a few years in the private sector and was part of lay-offs 3 times before entering military service until retirement in 2007 and later the civil service.

It's never a big deal until you're directly affected. I will NEVER wish it to anybody.

BTW, unless I missed it, I didn't see anybody crying like a baby.

It seems to me that you're the cry baby, more so than the thousands of us that are directly affected.

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.

Last edited by FEENIX; 09-30-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:19 PM
Platinum Member

I didn't see anyone crying either....

I will say from experience (my wife is retired DOD (TACOM) to be exact, that government workers don't get paid whether they work or not, due to attrition and not replacement, most government workers are doing 2 jobs at no increase in pay and finally, they don't get paid if the government shuts down. It happened 17 years ago and my wife did not get paid for staying home and never did.

IMO, employees are employees whether in civil service or not and civil service employees are just as aware of out current fiscal situation as private sector workers. Maybe more so, they get to live with it everyday.

I believe there is a big misconception on the part of private sector workers concerning government workers perpetuated by ignorance and the jilted press.

I don't know how many times people have commented to my wife about her getting Social Security in retirement, that in itself shows how ignorant the public is.

Government workers do not collect Social Security, never have........

Something has to change and soon. I'm not for the grandstand play thet the House is playing against Harry Ried and the Affordable Health Care Act, using Obamacare as a springboard to facilitate their political stand. Personally, I think thats plain wrong. Don't use a faux podium to advance your agenda. Use the real agenda, this country has dug a hole that it probably can't get out of..........

Me, far as I'm concerned, we need some type of universal health care system in this country but again, I prefer the single payor system like Canada has instead of the politically motivated and bloated plan Obama construed (actually it's RomneyCare), a plan that was fastracked through a Congress that didn't have the intellegence or foresight to even read it. That in itself speaks volumes about the quality of elected officials we have representing us today.

I'm not a Teabaggerf but maybe it's time for another Tea Party.......

Rant over.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:44 PM
Platinum Member

I didn't hear the crying either.

I do disagree with you on the congress taking a stand on the Affordable Health Care Act Sidecar. The debate taking place now should have taken place after everyone read it, not prior. If not now, with this expensive item, when? This fight is not unilateral, both sides want it. Claiming cuts to popular programs that actually received increases, just not as big as some wished is very dishonest. It covers a lot of sins though, we might have to stop studying the sexual habits of earthworms if anybody ever gets serious about priorities.

Just to declare my possible conflict of interest. I'm a healthcare worker, and I exceeded 100 hours low census time last year, just shy of 3 weeks. I'll probably have lost just shy of 2 weeks this year.