Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Front Sight Removal - Ruger #1 Tropical

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2005, 09:55 PM
Platinum Member

Front Sight Removal - Ruger #1 Tropical

Not sure which forum to post something like this......

Don't wanna make da man any more grumpy...... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

How to remove the front sight from a Ruger #1 tropical?

Or isit soldered or screwed on?
Old 04-17-2010, 11:43 AM

Re: Front Sight Removal - Ruger #1 Tropical

Did you ever get the sight off your rifle?
I need to take one off an old ruger 77ST.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:04 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Front Sight Removal - Ruger #1 Tropical

I couldnt see a pic, but dont Rugers have a 2 piece front sight? Drift over top of front blade to get to the screw under it on the ramp?
I may be way off here, but I thought they did. You probably already checked this, so its kinda like kicking the lawn mower and then looking to see if it has gas. But I thought they had a 2 pc. front sight removable in that fassion. Good luck Roy.

Hey let me know if you wind up going to the ''auto parts store'' to see your ''buddy'' about some new fangled tool you need. And look on the bright side. If you screw it up you should have plenty of superglue on hand to ''fix'' it with. Im sorry Roy, but I just keep laughing my butt off over those two posts in one week. Your like the crazy uncle every boy dreams of having to teach them the important things boys need to know. YOUR MY HERO ROY!

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"