Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

FORM 6N1A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2006, 12:17 PM
Platinum Member

FORM 6N1A

I filled out an application for the form necessary for taking firearms into the U.S. for hunts. Sent it June 22, it was handled June 27th, got a fax copy today, July 5th. That is very reasonable handling by the ATF in my opinion.

I am very pleased with this turn-around - they mention six weeks so this was excellent.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:41 PM
Platinum Member

Re: FORM 6N1A

That IS a decent turn around. Enjoy....

What's the general procedure for going from the U.S. to Canada?

I may want to try for one of those big Alberta white tails one of thest times..
Old 07-05-2006, 02:35 PM
Platinum Member

You have it much simpler. Just show up at the border or customs entry point in an airport with a simple form and 25 Canadian bucks. You can get the form off the internet but have to sign it in front of the officer when you cross.

I would rather have your system, even tho this worked so smoothly for me.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:34 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Ian,

Wish the ATF was that fast sending out renewals for FFLs. Hell they have you send them in 2 months before they expire and then send you a letter telling you you can stay in business for 6 months until they get you your new license.

THen the letter also says if you do not get your new FFL in that 6 month time, they will send another letter good for another 6 months.

Fun!

At least you can stay in business.

Roy,

Taking rifles to Canada is a piece if cake. Fill out the proper paper work before hand with customs and its is extremely easy. Especially if you drive though, do not know about flying but I am sure the biggest head ache will be with the airline and not Canada.

Canada is very US hunter friendly if you have your ducks in a row. Getting back into the states can be a pain at times but its also no problem as long as you keep track of all your paperwork.

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 07-06-2006, 02:21 PM
Silver Member

ATF needs to be overhauled much like the DOJ did with the NFA branch. I can get title II paper back in as little as 3 1/2 weeks now. I know my dealer is upgrading his license and has been waiting for 8 months and there has been no activity. His last standard dealer license got a 6 month letter like 4 times, but his new license expires a year after he recieved it. No excuse. they cut down the number of dealers by a bunch a few years ago, this should not be a problem.

I'm glad to hear you had such good luck with your entry permit. I hope you have fun here!

Be kind to your neighbors... shoot quietly..
WWW.Gem-tech.com
WWW.Advanced-Armament.com
Old 07-06-2006, 03:33 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

My FFL showed up today, guess I better stop bitchin' now that they take so long!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com