Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Fooling around with a logo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2007, 10:46 PM
PUBLISHER

Fooling around with a logo

Just a very rough, "draft quality" concept. The square reticle idea isn't original.

There would be a uniform background color all across the header.

Any comments?

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 05-04-2007, 11:07 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Fooling around with a logo

Len, I like it.

Wildcat
Old 05-04-2007, 11:18 PM
Platinum Member

Len:

You asked........so you shall receive.

I checked all of my scopes and couldn't find one with a square field of view. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] It just looks a little weird to me in the square format.

Also, and this is just a personal preference based on the types of scope reticles I use..............I'd find it more visually appealing to me personally, to have a reticle such as the NF NPR2 or R1 displayed. Although I'd find almost any type of graduated indicating reticle to be visually appealing as an indicator of the long range shooting/hunting format.

I also, personally, would rather see the intersection of the crosshairs placed on the animals body in an appropriate location for a killing shot, such as high shoulder or behind the shoulder as in a lung shot. The horizontal hold on the animal's backline indicates someone holding over and I'm of the belief that the vast majority of serious long range hunters/shooters dial for the distance as opposed to holding over.

I know that it's a prototype, so to speak, but I'd hope that in the final version you would show an actual picture of whatever animal you choose and make the whole logo more lifelike, realistic and visually appealing.

I don't know how fancy you are planning on getting, or how far your software will let you go, but I'd hope we get to see several of your varied versions in the days ahead.

I think the general concept is great and I'm sure whatever you end up using will be visually appealing and will represent what the Long Range Hunting site is all about.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:29 PM
PUBLISHER

Dick

Thanks, the reticle is just one I lifted off the internet. I, too, was bothered by the hold-over and would plan to change that. So far...I like the square format because it is unique...not meant to be totally realistic.

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 05-05-2007, 01:54 AM

it shows the crosshairs placed high on the back of the deer. this is what we all dream about doing, all year long. i think the concept is there but, an actule picture might serve it more justice.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:44 AM
Silver Member

Good start. I like the idea of a mil dot reticle but how about a four digit number in red on the bottom right to show distance? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2007, 08:22 AM
Platinum Member

My very first reaction was that Len is enjoying some leisure time. Thats a good thing.

Next immediate reaction was [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] as that same sight picture with just a little light between the back and horizontal line, is the exact sight picture I used for about 5 shots on the largest buck I've ever seen and shot at. The problem was that the scope was on 3X instead of 9X. Hell, the damn thing was only 150 yds away instead of 350!! By the time I got things sorted out he was over the mountain.

I still like the logo.