Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

First time past 400 yards for me and the new toy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 03:17 AM
Silver Member

First time past 400 yards for me and the new toy

Well, I finally got the chance to take my new toy out to 450 yards. This doubles as far as I've shot before, and wasn't sure what to expect. wind was about 10 mph, 55 degrees. My new toy for those who don't know is a 300 win mag built by young's gun's in Montana. I couldn't be happier with it, and shot my first 3 shot group to 2 ". I shot a couple more groups with my dad, and when I did my part it shot right around 2". The last shot of the day, my dad bet me I couldn't shoot a cd. Not a huge feet, so I made corrections for wind, and squeezed a shot. Pics below are of my rifle, 3 shot group, and the CD. I know this is a chip shot for most of you guys, but I couldn't have been more pleased. Once I iron out my form, this gun could really shoot. BTW I was shooting factory ammo(sin I know) Hornady Superformance 180 SST's.
Nimrod

Old 12-20-2012, 04:19 AM
Silver Member

Re: First time past 400 yards for me and the new toy

That's cool and nice looking gun. Good job.