Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Firefox browser is much faster than Internet Explorer...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 08:10 AM
PUBLISHER

Firefox browser is much faster than Internet Explorer...

...according to independent experts who have speed-tested both. We've talked about that before. Just a reminder.

The newest version of Firefox (3.5) can be downloaded here

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 07-16-2009, 09:46 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Firefox browser is much faster than Internet Explorer...

Firefox 3.5 is my main browser but have been also running the new Google Chrome side by side and will say itís just as fast as Firefox. It does not have all the good stuff like online bookmarks and the tabs options are lacking but in the future I think it will become a very good browser.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 07-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcebcj View Post
Google Chrome
I've seen the "install google chrome" whenever I go to google, but have no idea what it is. Could you give us a brief rundown about it?

tks
Old 07-16-2009, 03:00 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopeshunter View Post
I've seen the "install google chrome" whenever I go to google, but have no idea what it is. Could you give us a brief rundown about it?

tks

Here is a link that can do a much better job of explaining the features of Google Chrome then I can. Firefox is a better browser in that itís been around for awhile and there are lots of apps that will run inside Firefox that Chrome is lacking but Chrome has some pretty neat features and one that I use all the time is where you can pull off a tab and start a new window when you get to much stuff open.

Any way hope this helps some.

Google Chrome

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein