Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Firearm Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-24-2005, 11:10 AM
Bronze Member
Firearm Insurance

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's Homeowner's Insurance doesn't come anywhere near covering their "collection".
I put the parenthesis around collection because most collectible insurance policies will not cover a firearm if you actually use them and I do like to exercise my right to manufacture spent brass at the range.
To make a long story short: Can anybody out there recommend an insurance company that covers firearms that are used on the range and hunting?
I understand they might not cover damage during actual discharge, but I would like theft, arson, accidental damage, and all that other stuff.
Also, I would like the policy to be for declared value, not actual value at the time of the loss.
"Hunting smarter will be beat hunting harder everytime, but hunting harder and smarter at the same time will triumph over both."

Unread 08-24-2005, 12:23 PM
Silver Member
Re: Firearm Insurance

Go to They have a few insurance peeps there who'd be glad to fix you up.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE.....Benjamin Franklin ...1759
Unread 08-24-2005, 12:33 PM
Gold Member

I just bought 3 fire proff gun safe last year. Two for my gun one for my dad guns . If you Insurance your guns you will leave a paper trail that any one can look at at the Insurance company. or hackers . Then they will know what you have an how much they are worth . I had this happen to a friend of mine .

Kill more Coyotes

Feed The Buzzards
Unread 08-25-2005, 09:41 PM
Silver Member

Grange mutual, It costs me 3 times as much as jewelry insurance, but it's worth it. $3.50 per hundred.
Beware the fury of a patient man....

Be kind to your neighbors... shoot quietly..
Unread 08-26-2005, 09:58 AM

Inquire of the NRA. The insurer that handles the minimal insurance that's part of membership benefits will write a policy for whatever you need. Records are not kept for firearms of less than $1500 value. As I recall the rate may be less than $3.50/$100.