Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Find Members

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2011, 03:57 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Find Members

Buffalobob has a "unique" sense of humor that some don't grasp. That's one of the things with the "typed word" on the internet. It's sometimes hard to know exactly what the typer meant. I guess that's where the emoticons come in handy as they help to explain things sometimes. I however, grasp it. Now whether that's good or bad I don't know but I think it's just an "old fart" thing.

I guess the difference is that I've read thousands of Buffalobob's posts so I may have an advantage over someone that has read only a handful of them. I've got to get a life.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss7mm View Post
Buffalobob has a "unique" sense of humor that some don't grasp. That's one of the things with the "typed word" on the internet. It's sometimes hard to know exactly what the typer meant. I guess that's where the emoticons come in handy as they help to explain things sometimes. I however, grasp it. Now whether that's good or bad I don't know but I think it's just an "old fart" thing.

I guess the difference is that I've read thousands of Buffalobob's posts so I may have an advantage over someone that has read only a handful of them. I've got to get a life.
I'm glad you explained that as well! I checked Buffalobob on the map, and was concerned he'd got a bad batch of Potomac River Kool-aid. However the map didn't indicate if he was upstream or downstream from DC. Of course if makes more sense, and isn't surprising that you'd bump into folks there confused about gravity than the rest of the country. I'll have to revise my profile to include more stuff, I haven't due to minimal skills with cyberspace and security issues.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:05 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
However the map didn't indicate if he was upstream or downstream from DC.
That's humorous!
Old 08-05-2011, 08:17 AM
Platinum Member

Bob I guess I over reacted to your post so to make it up I will invite you to come to Wyoming someday and go hunting just can't bring any of the DC elected officials.
Antelope, Deer or Elk Antelope out of my hot tub oh yes I took the hot tub out and now you have to open the window in the den. Deer have to drive a little ways about a mile. Elk have to go to mountains about 30 miles as crow flies usually by horse the best but the toughest of all hunts.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:21 AM
Platinum Member

Hey ss7mm...how do I get on the map?
Old 08-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Hey ss7mm...how do I get on the map?

Go to the map and click on "your entry" You may need to toggle around on satellite view to get accuracy.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:27 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
I will invite you to come to Wyoming someday and go hunting just can't bring any of the DC elected officials.
Ok, it will take me about a week or so to get ready. I called and have one appointment to get the front end aligned and another to get new front pads and then I have to change the oil and put in anew air filter. All my bullets are loaded but I need to refletch three arrows that I damaged yesterday in practice. So the earliest I can leave is next Sunday and it will take three days to get to Wyoming.

Well dam I near forgot that I can't stop because I need to be in Utah for opening of archery deer and elk season on August 20. Then that gets over and I am supposed to meet a SF brother in Casper and shoot antelope for a couple of weeks till we either run out of bullets or kill something. Then if I still have bullets left I have another elk tag in Utah and will need to drive back there to spray down the mountainside with VLDs. I should be through about mid October and will be free then.