Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Find Members

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Platinum Member

Find Members

Len have you ever thought of a search to find other members? Like if a guy was traveling to a different state and wanted to know who members were in that state or area. Just a thought.

Last edited by WyoElk2Hunt; 08-01-2011 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Misspelled name
Old 08-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Find Members

The good thing about gravity is that it always works the same. There are people who will claim that where they live it works not only down but also up. I have been waiting on them to take a video of an elk or deer rolling uphill after having been shot. But it seems people who claim that things fall up are not very good at taking videos of things that fall up. Speaking of up have you looked up lately? Most likely if you did you would not only get your goozle stretched out but also notice at the top of the page that there is a little dodad thingy ma jigger called "member map". The reason the cat is dead is because of curiosity so I assume you have learned a lesson from the dead cat and are not curious about what "member map' does.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Platinum Member

First of all I don't know if Len is going to appreciate being called "Lem" or not.

Buffalobob has a point about the search but it leaves a lot to be desired and on top of that, you'd be surprised how many people don't fill out the town, let alone the state, that they live in. I can see why someone would not want to give their address but at least with the state a lot of things would be easier to deal with when questions come up.

A good bet if you're looking for someone in another state would be to post a question on one of the regional forums here on LRH and that might help you out.

I for one would like to see it be a requirement of membership here to at least have your state in your profile but there's no way to know if somebody would be truthful or not about the state they live in.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalobob View Post
The good thing about gravity is that it always works the same. There are people who will claim that where they live it works not only down but also up. I have been waiting on them to take a video of an elk or deer rolling uphill after having been shot. But it seems people who claim that things fall up are not very good at taking videos of things that fall up. Speaking of up have you looked up lately? Most likely if you did you would not only get your goozle stretched out but also notice at the top of the page that there is a little dodad thingy ma jigger called "member map". The reason the cat is dead is because of curiosity so I assume you have learned a lesson from the dead cat and are not curious about what "member map' does.
So how do you get on the map? I can't find myself...I seem to be lost in my own backyard.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Platinum Member

I understand and have used the member Map but like you said a lot of (most of) people don't use it. Sorry I upset you Bob but I was only trying to help out. I did correct Len's name Sorry again.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Platinum Member

Well, its too bad today is the first of August. Cabelas had a sale on all of July for 30% off on Sense of Humor, but I see with the bad economy you decided not to stock up.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:33 PM
Gold Member

QUOTE=Buffalobob;532521]The good thing about gravity is that it always works the same. There are people who will claim that where they live it works not only down but also up. I have been waiting on them to take a video of an elk or deer rolling uphill after having been shot. But it seems people who claim that things fall up are not very good at taking videos of things that fall up. Speaking of up have you looked up lately? Most likely if you did you would not only get your goozle stretched out but also notice at the top of the page that there is a little dodad thingy ma jigger called "member map". The reason the cat is dead is because of curiosity so I assume you have learned a lesson from the dead cat and are not curious about what "member map' does.[/QUOTE]

UH. I am confused.