Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

"Expert advice"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-05-2007, 07:59 AM
Platinum Member
"Expert advice"

Saturday morning I went to the range at 8 in order to get ahead of all those preseason shooters. I was just finishing up with my shooting when I had a nice older gentleman set up alongside of me. I just had to ask when I saw he was shooting a hvbl savage .223 w/ a barrel deresonator on it. "How does it work?" He replied that he didn't know and was just trying to see where he could place it to best reduce his recoil and jump on his rifle between shots.
I was natureally a little confused and curious so I asked him if there was any improvement and tried to get more infoe out of him.

Here he had gone to a local sportingoods store and told them that he was having trouble reaquiring prairydogs after shooting because of the recoil. They told him to try the deresonator to cut recoil and barrel jump down.

It never ceases to amaize me how much bad advice one can get from some of the shops like Sportsmans warehouse, cabellas, sheels, gander mt ....
I used to re-load but now I "hand-load".
-- Well, at least I try --