Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Ever have one of those days!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Silver Member

Ever have one of those days!

Every thing that could go wrong at work did! So I decided to go to the range and blow off some steam. My target was a piece of steel plate 24"x24" hanging at 1000 yards. The first rifle I was going to shoot was my 340 weatherby. I made my dail up and wind adjustments and let one fly. I guess I thought I was shooting a little gun and got a scope cap to the nose to prove it. On the bright side I heard the ring of steel! Two more shots two more rings, after my eyes stopped watering that is. Then I remembered that I didnt repaint the steel first, so I couldnt tell about group size. Then I took my 308 out of the case and discovered I didnt bring any 308 ammo, I had grabbed 22-250 instead. Some days it just dont pay to get out of bed.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:09 PM
Silver Member

Re: Ever have one of those days!

LOL!

But, you knew where you needed to be.

Sometimes, I have arrived at the range, WITH everything needed....and just walked around a bit. Nothing wrong with some personal time.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:42 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyomingblizzard View Post
...Some days it just dont pay to get out of bed.

I hear that my friend. Just pulled one of those last sunday. Loaded the Ranger on the trailer, loaded 3 rifles, ammo & my gear bag in the truck. Drove the 40 miles out to the family ranch only to realize that i'd forgotten my 300, 400 & 500yd metal targets! Good thing I was in the middle of nowhere as there was a little profanity in use...

t

Old 06-07-2013, 10:03 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyomingblizzard View Post
Some days it just dont pay to get out of bed.
At least you put two feet on the floor in the morning....that would make it a good day! Some people didn't get out of bed.. Think about it that way..

"Character is who you are when nobody is watching"